Greetings and salutations. Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 29, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Typically every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSP and MSSP Security Conference: Join us for the MSSP Alert Live 2022 conference (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.).
2. MSPs Need to Patch SysAid: A hacking group linked to the Iranian government has been exploiting Log4j 2 vulnerabilities in SysAid, a set of popular IT support and management software applications, according to Microsoft, SC Media reported.
3. Integration - ServiceNow and Microsoft SharePoint: DTech Apps has released a new version of DocIntegrator to integrate Microsoft SharePoint with any ServiceNow environment, the company said.
4. Compliance Services: Infopercept has packaged its security services and associated compliance capabilities to "make security compliances simple, easy, accurate and achievable for organizations," the global MSSP asserted.
5. Apple Launches And Investigations: Multiple updates include...
- Apple Anti-Trust: Justice Department lawyers are in the early stages of drafting a potential antitrust complaint against Apple, Politico reported. Related: See all Big Tech antitrust investigation updates here.
- Apple Augmented Reality: Trademark filings suggest that Apple. may be staking claim to potential names for its highly anticipated mixed-reality headset, part of the tech giant’s push into its first new product category in years, Bloomberg reported.
- Apple Event: Apple may unveil the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch Series 8 during an event that's scheduled for September 7, MacWorld reports.
6. Exiting Russia: Dell and Ericsson are both exiting Russia amid that country's continued invasion of Ukraine, the two companies each disclosed in recent days. Related: See all cyberattack updates involving the Russia-Ukraine war here.