Here are five (um... actually six) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, April 16, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A - IT Services: Spirit Telecom has tapped into more than $10 million of fresh financing as it works to buy two companies amid the coronavirus pandemic, ARN reports.
2. Funding - Cloud Services Automation: Alluxio, a developer of open source cloud data orchestration software, has extended its Series B financing to $15.5 million, co-led by new investor Volcanics Ventures and existing investor a16z, with participation from technology entrepreneurs Isilon Founder Sujal Patel and YY Founding CTO Tony Zhao, and existing investor Seven Seas Partners. This brings the total amount of funding raised to date to $23 million.
4. Talent - Cloud Management Part Two: SkyKick has promoted European General Manager Kathryn Saducas to Global Vice President, MSP Sales. SkyKick says it supports 25,000 MSP.
5. Partner Program - Customer Experience: ActiveCampaign has launched an expanded Agency partner program for more than 6,000 partners globally.
- Free backup hardware to reduce out of pocket expense.
- 50% off direct-to-cloud backup to protect the remote workforce even via WiFi.
- 50% off Office 365 backup, along with built-in Dark Web Monitoring.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].