The deal strengthens RDX's expertise moving and managing Oracle workloads onto AWS, while also giving the company a bigger footprint in Europe.
clckwrk, founded in 2011, focuses on architecting, designing, migrating, and managing Oracle technologies and enterprise application environments in the AWS public cloud.
Describing the deal, RDX Chairman and CEO Buddy Fleri said:
"Given clckwrk's strong relationship with AWS, this combination offers tremendous benefits to our collective customers. With the addition of clckwrk we look forward to capturing further growth opportunities in the database infrastructure and cloud managed services space."
Added clckwrk CEO Mat Karim:
"The strong synergies between our two organizations and the tremendous opportunities ahead will benefit everyone in the clckwrk/RDX ecosystem.
RDX, founded in 1994. is now one of the largest independent providers of database infrastructure, data management, and cloud management services in North America, the company claims. The firm supports Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Oracle DB Cloud.
Cloud Consulting M&A Deals: AWS Partner Buyouts
Buyouts involving MSPs focused on Amazon Web Services and Oracle have been steady over the past two years or so. Among the deals we've tracked:
- January 2019: Syntax Systems acquired EmeraldCube Solutions, an Oracle partner that offers managed services for JD Edwards applications on AWS.
- January 2019: Government IT services provider Concept Plus, a key Oracle partner, acquired Dougherty & Associates (DAI Solutions), a management consulting firm headquartered.
- December 2018: Accenture acquired PrimeQ
- August 2018: Onica acquired DevOps specialist TriNimbus Technologies, uniting two AWS Premier Consulting Partners.
- July 2018: Hitachi Vantara acquired AWS and Azure partner REAN Cloud LLC.
- June 2018: Version 1 acquired Cedar Consulting
- April 2018: Reliam acquired Stratalux, essentially merging two MSPs focused on AWS.
- March 2018: Deloitte acquired API Talent, an AWS partner.
- December 2017: BV Investment Partners acquired majority control of Apps Associates, a global IT services company that specializes in cloud database migrations and managed services wrapped around AWS, Oracle, Salesforce and NetSuite deployments.
- December 2017: Velocity acquired Mercury Technology Group
- December 2017: RSM acquired First Hosted Limited
- November 2017: NTT acquired Secure-24
- September 2017: Lightwell acquired Baax
- February 2017: Blackstone acquired majority control of Cloudreach, an MSP and IT consulting firm that migrates customers to AWS, Microsoft Azure and Salesforce.