This week’s 10 most read channel and MSP news stories, columns, blogs, editorials and research involved:
10. OpenText Acquires Zix and AppRiver: OpenText essentially gains email security, backup, disaster recovery and cloud services for MSPs. Will there be synergies with OpenText's Webroot and Carbonite businesses?
9. Gradient MSP Raises $10 Million: Armed with the funding. Gradient MSP plans to drive business automation software company R&D, team expansion and MSP enablement efforts, according to CEO Colin Knox and VP of Channel Dave Goldie.
8. M&A List – 1,000 MSP Mergers and Acquisition: See the list to see who’s buying, investing and backing MSP buyouts.
7. N-able Board Expands Security Expertise: Microsoft security expert Ann Johnson joins N-able board. MSP software companies strive to further safeguard code & supply chains from cyberattacks.
6. Which Companies Require Employee Coronavirus Vaccinations? Here’s a list of companies requiring coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations for in-office employees. Technology partners must plan on-site visits accordingly.
5. Where Is Huawei 5G Networking Equipment Banned?: The answer continues to evolve. Here’s a country-by-country look at where the company’s networking equipment is permitted vs. banned.
4. N-able, Datto and ConnectWise - MSP Market Reality Check: Quarterly earnings results from N-able and Datto, coupled with a strong ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2021 turning, reveal continued MSP market strength.
3. MSP M&A Becomes Platform Grab: How will M&A activity among MSPs evolve? The answer involves "platform" sized MSPs buying one another, according to FOCUS Investment Banking's Abe Garver. Here's why.
1. IBM Completes Kyndryl Spin-Off: Kyndryl is now a standalone MSP focused on managed infrastructure services business. The big question: Can Kyndryl grow? Ahead of the spin-out, Kyndryl was shrinking amid overall MSP industry growth.