Microsoft Ignite 2018: Azure Cloud Partner News
The Microsoft Ignite conference, under way in Orlando, features a range of cloud security, SD-WAN and IT management developments.
Here are the latest updates:
11. Cloud Security Assessments: Qualys is providing customers with monitoring and assessment services for Microsoft Azure. The offering involves the CIS (Center for Internet Security) Microsoft Azure Foundations Benchmark within its Cloud Security Assessment (CSA) Cloud App. That’s a mouth full, I know. Qualys says the automated compliance monitoring and assessment helps security and DevOps teams continuously identify threats caused by misconfigurations, unwarranted access, and non-standard deployments, and provide remediation steps to help manage risks sooner.
10. MSP Initiative: CloudJumper has unveiled the Cloud Workspace Management Suite Single Server Version for MSPs. The solution enables service provider partners to deploy software-defined virtual data centers for customers.
9. Office 365 Data Loss Prevention (DLP): Symantec has enhanced its Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology to protect information in Office 365. With Symantec DLP, data is protected whether at rest or in transit, on-premises or in the cloud, and everywhere it flows through a single management console, the security company asserts.
8. Barracuda CloudGen Firewall: Barracuda’s CloudGen firewall now supports the Microsoft Azure Virtual WAN service. The WAN service connects branch offices to Azure. The Barracuda connection to Azure Virtual WAN is automated: Users need only fill out authentication information and click “connect,” the company says.
7. IT Management: SolarWinds, which is preparing for an IPO, is demonstrating updates to its infrastructure management software — which is built on the Orion Platform. The lineup at the conference includes:
- Server Configuration Monitor
- Server & Application Monitor (SAM)
- Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
- Database Performance Analyzer (DPA)
- Backup for Office 365: Designed to assure protection of your email data on Microsoft Office 365.
- SolarWinds solutions for DevOps teams: — including various AppOptics, Pingdom, Papertrail and Loggly offerings.
Those demos come one week after the company’s SolarWinds MSP arm unveiled a threat prevention services strategy for MSPs and MSSPs.
6. SD-WANs Part One: Riverbed has unveiled two new integrations with Microsoft. The offerings include Riverbed’s:
- SteelConnect SD-WAN and Microsoft Azure Virtual WAN with local branch path steering for Microsoft Office 365.
- SteelFusion announces support for Microsoft Hyper-V.
5. SD-WANs Part Two: VMware NSX SD-WAN by VeloCloud will be integrated with Microsoft Azure Virtual WAN, enabling customers to “deliver pervasive connectivity and intrinsic security from branch locations to Azure,” VMware asserts.
4. Microsoft Security Scorecard: Microsoft has unveiled Secure Score, a report card that assesses Microsoft 365 customer environments and makes recommendations that can reduce breaches up to thirtyfold, the company says. The Secure Score effort leverages Microsoft Cloud App Security and Azure Active Directory to further harden defenses and help IT understand and improve their organization’s security position, the company asserts.
3. Microsoft Authenticator: Microsoft declared an “end to the era of passwords,” delivering new support for passwordless login via the Microsoft Authenticator app for the hundreds of thousands of Azure AD connected apps, the company says.
2. All Microsoft Ignite News Announcements: Everything Microsoft will officially announce at Ignite is listed here in this nifty eBook from the technology giant.
1. Ongoing Updates: Got Microsoft Ignite news to share? Email me the details (Joe@AfterNines.com) and we’ll potentially mention the info to our readers in this blog.