VMworld 2018 US kicks off August 26 in Las Vegas. But news from the enterprise software and cloud conference is already surfacing. Here's a live blog with all of the developments.
16. Cloud Services: Global cloud infrastructure provider OVHcloud has launched VMware Cloud Foundation on OVHcloud, a hyperconverged, software-defined data center (SDDC) infrastructure solution. It integrates VMware SDDC offerings – VMware vSphere, vSAN, and NSX – to virtualize compute, storage, and networking with a modern OVHcloud Hosted Private Cloud architecture, the company says.
15. Data Protection: Zerto plans to preview the Zerto 7 IT Resilience Platform at the conference. The platform converges backup, disaster recovery (DR) and cloud mobility solutions into a single offering, the company says.
14. VMware Multi-Cloud Partner Strategy: Watch for updates involving the VMware Cloud Provider Platform. The goal: Help partners to expand their multi-cloud managed services portfolios. The latest offerings, unveiled August 24, include:
- VMware Cloud Provider Hub: This is a centralized portal for partners to purchase, provision, and manage VMware Cloud infrastructure and operations services offerings for multi-cloud. The Cloud Provider Hub will allow partners to expand their VMware Cloud infrastructure footprint with VMware Cloud on AWS and offer consistent multi-cloud operations with VMware Cloud Services, the company says.
- For partners running a VMware environment today, the new VMware Cloud Provider Pod, VMware vCloud Director 9.5, VMware vCloud Availability for Cloud-to-Cloud DR, and VMware vCloud Usage Insight will enable cloud standardization with single click automated deployment, simplified management, and reporting, the company says.
13. VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services: VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and AWS CEO Andy Jassy will reveal VMware Cloud on AWS updates and partner milestones during a keynote on Monday, August 27, Gelsinger hinted during an earnings call on August 23.
12. SD-WANs for MSPs: The SevOne SD-WAN Monitoring Solution now supports VMware NSX SD-WAN by VeloCloud. The solution is designed to help MSPs manage multiple, complex network services over multi-tenant, multi-vendor networks.
11. Risk Management: Caveonix RiskForesight, a hybrid cloudworkload protection platform, is now available through the VMware Cloud Provider Program.
10. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure: AccelStor's all-flash array, the NeoSapphire H710, will surface at the conference to highlught virtual desktop capabilities.
9. Cloud Management: Morpheus Data has upgraded its cloud management platform (CMP) to help IT Operations teams orchestrate software-defined networks, multi-cloud high availability, and configuration management tools. The enhancements:
- Simplify networking with VMware NSX and phpIPAM
- Assure service levels with the Zerto IT Resilience Platform
- Scale IT automation with Ansible Tower and Ansible Vault
8. Distribution: Ingram Micro today announced it has successfully achieved a VMware Master Services Competency in Data Center Virtualization.
7. IT Management: SolarWinds will publicly demonstrate its updated infrastructure management portfolio for the first time at VMworld. The updates span multiple products, including the latest versions of Server & Application Monitor (SAM), Virtualization Manager (VMAN), Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), and introducing SolarWinds Server Configuration Monitor (SCM).
5. VMware and MSPs: Keep an eye on VMware's MSP partner strategy -- which includes key solutions to help telcos and hosting providers with their managed services build-outs. The name to know is VMware Senior VP Ajay Patel.
4. VMware Channel Strategy: Earlier this year, VMware hired Microsoft veteran Jenni Flinders as VP, worldwide channels. It was a big move from the virtualization company, especially since Flinders helped Microsoft to build its cloud solutions provider partner initiatives. Might we see more partner surprises at the conference? We'd say yes.
3. Dell and VMware - Do No Harm: Dell Technologies explored and rejected a potential reverse merger idea with VMware earlier this year. That decision calmed fears that Dell may somehow damage or overly control VMware's business evolution. Now, Michael Dell is hatching a new plan to return Dell Technologies to public markets. It's a safe bet he'll make some statements about the effort in or around VMworld.
2. VMware Vision: CEO Pat Gelsinger and EVP/CTO Ray O'Farrell deliver their joint keynote on Monday, August 27. We'll have coverage as it unfolds...
1. More updates: Check this blog daily for the latest updates from VMworld 2018.