IBM CEO Arvind Krishna, through organic R&D and acquisitions, is striving to pivot the enterprise technology provider toward multi-cloud software and hybrid cloud consulting services that drive business automation.
Indeed, BM has been acquiring software, SaaS and IT consulting companies to drive the company's business transformation.
IBM Acquisitions List: Updated Regularly
Here's a regularly updated list of IBM acquisitions, their areas of focus, and potential implications:
24. November: Government IT consulting firm Octo.
23. September 2022: Dialexa for digital transformation services.
22. July 2022: Databand.ai for data quality management.
21. June 2022: Randori for attack surface management.
20. February 2022: Neudesic, a Microsoft Azure partner and Top 250 Public Cloud MSP.
19. February 2022: Sentaca, a software consulting firm and cloud migration specialist that supports telcos and communications service providers (CSPs).
18. January 2022: Envizi for cloud-based software that analyzes energy sustainability.
17. November 2021: SXiQ, a multi-cloud MSP and IT consulting firm for AWS and Azure migrations.
16. September 2021: The Adobe Workfront consulting unit and assets from Rego Consulting Corp.
15. July 2021: Bluetab Solutions Group for multi-cloud and hybrid cloud data migration expertise.
14. July 2021: BoxBoat Technologies for DevOps and Kubernetes container expertise.
12. May 2021: Salesforce cloud consulting partner Waeg.
11. April 2021: Turbonomic, an application resource management (ARM) and network performance management (NPM) software provider.
10. April 2021: myInvenio, a business automation software provider that specializes in process mining as part of the hyperautomation trend.
7. January 2021: 7Summits for Salesforce cloud consulting expertise
6. December 2020: Nordcloud for cloud consulting, migration and transformation capabilities.
5. November 2020: SAP software developer & IT services partner TruQua Enterprise.
4. November 2020: Application performance monitoring (APM) software company Instana.
3. June 2020: WDG for robotic process automation (RPA) software expertise.
2. June 2020: Spanugo for cloud cybersecurity posture management solutions.
1. October 2018: IBM announced plans to acquire Red Hat.
The Red Hat acquisition was announced during former CEO Ginni Rometty's tenure, but Krishna is considered the architect of the deal.
As of this writing, IBM's pivot toward multi-cloud software and associated business opportunities remains a work in progress.