Datto President Tim Weller: 5 Things for MSPs to Know
Datto President Tim Weller is leading the MSP-centric technology company until a successor for resigning CEO Austin McChord is named.
Updated January 8, 2019: Datto has named Weller as CEO, succeeding McChord.
After launching, building and leading Datto for more than a decade, McChord confirmed his resignation today. So who is Weller — and what technology sector experience does he have? Here are five things to know:
1. Datto Role: Weller joined the company in August 2017 as CFO.
2. MSP and Channel Commitment: Datto will remain 100 percent committed to MSPs as the go-to-market for all solutions, Weller tells ChannelE2E.
3. IPO Experience: Weller was CFO of two Boston-based public companies, EnerNoc, a clean energy technology company, and Akamai. The Akamai IPO was one of the top IPOs of all time.
4. Technology IQ: High. Well-known for his financial expertise, Weller also brings technology know-how to the table. He previously was an equity research analyst at Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette. He has also been a software developer, video game designer, angel investor, and advisor to many technology company CEOs, The Hour notes.
5. Education: Weller earned his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from Michigan State University and a Doctorate in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois, The Hour reports.