AWS re:Invent 2019 Live Blog: Amazon Cloud Partner News – Day Four
AWS re:Invent 2019, the massive Amazon Web Services cloud computing conference, attracted thousands of partners and customers this week in Las Vegas.
The event arrives at a key time for top public cloud MSPs (managed IT services providers) and emerging partners — many of which are seeking new tools and strategies for DevOps, IT service management (ITSM), business automation, cybersecurity, data protection, customer migrations and more.
Ahead of the conference, Amazon continued to ride strong cloud services momentum — backed by scores of MSPs that now support customers on the platform. But Microsoft Azure is coming on strong, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) finally has major investment dollars fueling that cloud’s expansion.
Amid that backdrop, follow this live AWS re:Invent 2019 blog for the latest partner news and developments from the conference each day through Friday, December 6.
Got news?: Email me your AWS re:Invent 2019 news ([email protected]) for possible coverage below. Sorry, but ChannelE2E is not booking additional meetings at the conference at this time.
AWS re:Invent 2019 Day Four News – Thursday, December 5
50. Next Year’s Conference: It sounds like AWS re:Invent 2020 will be held November 30 through December 4 in Las Vegas.
49. AWS and Antitrust?: The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has broadened scrutiny of Amazon beyond its retail operations to include AWS, Bloomberg says.
48. Cloud Management Startup: CloudBolt Software, a cloud management platform provider for the enterprise, has joined the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) Global Startup Program.
47. Cloud Migration Partnership: New Relic has announced several updates to its Cloud Adoption Solution for AWS, which helps customers eliminate risk and accelerate migration, modernization and optimization of workloads in AWS, the company says.
46. Cloud Access Security Broker: Netskope Security Cloud is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
AWS re:Invent 2019 Day Three News – Wednesday, December 4
45. Running AWS On-Premises – Partners: Numerous companies have lined up to support AW4S Outposts — an on-premises version of AWS technology. Outposts features racks of AWS compute and storage — the same hardware used in AWS public region datacenters — to bring AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models on-premises to customers. Key supporters and integration partners include 2nd Watch (a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP), Cloudreach, Cohesity (data protection), Sourced Group (a global IT consultancy) and Veritas (data protection).
44. Beta Test – VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts: Interested parties can nominate themselves for the program here and you can read the blog about VMware Cloud on AWS Outposts here.
43. Amazon Detective – Security Integrations: Amazon Detective is an AWS service that’s designed to “easily analyze, investigate, and quickly identify the root cause of security findings or suspicious activities.” Key Amazon Detective supporters at the conference include:
- Barracuda launched Cloud Security Guardian integration with Amazon Detective.
- Check Point Software has integrated CloudGuard Log.ic with Amazon Detective. CloudGuard Log.ic complements Amazon Detective by delivering cloud security intelligence, analytics, and simplified visualization of potential security incidents to customers, the companies say.
- McAfee announced MVISION Cloud support for Amazon Detective security service.
42. Endpoint Security: SentinelOne’s autonomous endpoint protection software is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
41. Cloud Firewall: Fortinet has integrated its FortiGate-VM with the recently released AWS CloudFormation third-party resource provider framework. Also, the company now offers Fortinet managed rulesets for AWS Web Application Firewall (AWS WAF). Plus, Fortinet’s cloud security offerings now support Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) Ingress Routing enhancements.
40. Application Performance, Security: Cisco and AWS are partnering on both fronts.
39. Network Detection and Response: ExtraHop, a provider of cloud-native network detection and response, has announced a new integration with AWS that automates the isolation of compromised Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances and empowers security operations teams to create a wide range of customizable response automations, the company says.
38. Network Security: AWS is enhancing the functionality of Amazon VPC by adding Amazon VPC Ingress Routing, a service that helps customers simplify the integration of network and security appliances within their network topology. Key partners include 128 Technology and Lastline,
37. Attack Simulations: XM Cyber has been upgrade to support breach and attack simulations (BAS) against AWS.
36. AWS Transit Gateway Network Manager: The service provides a single global view of a customer’s private network. New or recent integrations announced at the show include Aviatrix, HP Enterprise’s Aruba SD-WAN solution,
35. AWS Data Protection: Zerto has announced support for AWS Storage File Gateway for cloud backup and long-term retention storage in the cloud. Also, Veeam Software has unveiled a new Veeam Backup for AWS.
34. Consulting: InterVision, an IT strategic service provider, has achieved AWS Premier Consulting Partner status.
33. Data Integration: Talend Cloud is available now for purchase in AWS Marketplace.
32. AWS Industrial Software Partners: Seeq Corp., which develops advanced analytics applications for process manufacturing data, has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Industrial Software Competency status. Seeq builds applications for discrete manufacturing and process industries, the company says.
31. Professional and Managed Services: Rackspace, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP, has expanded its portfolio of service blocks to help customers with AI, serverless, container and other technology rollouts.
30. 5G Networks: AWS and Verizon teamed up to deliver 5G edge cloud computing capabilities. Also, the AWS Wavelength service — in collaboration with Verizon, Vodafone, KDDI and SK Telecom, allows AWS to created 5G applications with single-digit millisecond latencies possible for wireless customers in the US, Europe, Japan and Korea, the companies say.
29. M&A – AWS Cloud Consultant: NTT DATA Services is acquiring Flux7, an AWS partner and IT services firm that specializes in cloud-native application migration and modernization capabilities.
AWS re:Invent 2019 Day Two News – Tuesday, December 3
28. MSP Partner – VMware Cloud on AWS: 2nd Watch, a Top 200 Public Cloud MSP, has achieved VMware Master Services Competency for the VMware Cloud on AWS platform.
27. Healthcare – Machine Learning: Cerner Corp., a global healthcare technology company, announced that Cerner has selected AWS as its preferred cloud, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML) provider.
26. Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Part One: CloudKnox Security now integrates with AWS IAM Access Analyzer, a new capability from Amazon Web Services (AWS) that analyzes resource policies to help administrators and security teams protect their resources from unintended access.
25. Identity and Access Management (IAM) – Part Two: Alert Logic announced the first of several planned integrations with newly-launched AWS IAM Access Analyzer. The integration helps partners, administrators and security teams to protect resources from unintended access.
24. Container Security: Threat Stack now supports AWS Fargate.
23. Linux and Windows Server Cloud Security: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) launched a new Department of Defense (DoD) STIG compliant CIS Benchmark and Hardened Image for IBM’s RHEL 7 on AWS. Also, CIS introduced several new Hardened Images for Microsoft Server 2019.
22. File Sharing: Panzura is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
AWS re:Invent 2019 Day One News – Monday, December 2
21. M&A – AWS Consulting Partner: TEKsystems Global Services has acquired 1Strategy, a Premier Consulting Partner in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN).
20. Quantum Computing: AWS unveiled a new Quantum Computing Service (called Amazon Braket) along with AWS Center for Quantum Computing and AWS Quantum Solutions Lab. Among the key takeaways…
- Amazon Braket, now in preview mode, is fully managed AWS service that enables scientists, researchers, and developers to begin experimenting with computers from quantum hardware providers such as D-Wave, IonQ, and Rigetti, the company says.
- AWS Center for Quantum Computing will bring together quantum computing experts from Amazon, the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), and other academic research institutions to collaborate on the research and development of new quantum computing technologies, AWS assets.
- Amazon Quantum Solutions Lab is a program that connects customers with quantum computing experts from Amazon and its technology and consulting partners to develop internal expertise aimed at identifying practical uses of quantum computing, and accelerating the development of quantum applications with meaningful impact, AWS says.
19. AWS – Data Protection: Digital Guardian’s data protection platform is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
18. AWS Customer Wins: Amazon pointed to multiple cloud customer wins including Best Western Hotels and Resorts, Formula 1, and Klarna.
17. VMware Cloud on AWS – Partner Education: Faction, an MSP backed by Dell, has made two AWS-related moves. First up, Faction launched a program to help channel partners better understand VMware Cloud on AWS. Also, the company achieved VMware Master Services Competency in VMware Cloud on AWS
16. AWS Road Map: CEO Andy Jassy describes the past, present and future of AWS in this SiliconAngle interview.
15. Machine Learning: Multiple AWS Machine Learning announcements surfaced on Monday including:
- DeepComposer: A machine learning-enabled musical keyboard for developers.
- Amazon Transcribe Medical: A HIPAA-eligible, machine learning-powered medical transcription service, geared towards developers to add medical speech-to-text capabilities to their applications, AWS says.
- Amazon SageMaker Operators for Kubernetes: A new capability that makes it easier for developers and data scientists using Kubernetes to train, tune, and deploy machine learning models in Amazon SageMaker.
14. Edge AI and IoT: ADLINK Technology has partnered with AWS and Intel to simplify artificial intelligence (AI) at the edge for machine vision, the companies say.
13. MSP Partner: Umbrella Infocare of India has achieved APN Premier Consulting Partner status. The company already carries such designations as MSP, DevOps and WAR (Well Architected Review) Partner recognition from AWS. Umbrella is also working on achieving AWS Migration competency by March 2020.
12. Partner Program – Cloud Management Tools: CloudCheckr unveiled a worldwide partner enablement program at the conference.
11. Research – Cloud Management ROI: Customers leveraging the New Relic platform are able to deploy applications to the cloud 90% faster and reduce over 90% of the cost associated with deployment of applications in cloud environments, according to Forrester Consulting research conducted on behalf of New Relic.
10. Government Cloud Monitoring: stackArmor has launched stackArmor OpsAlert, a platform for government agencies to monitor cloud costs and compliance with FedRAMP, FISMA and DFARS requirements.
9. More AWS re:Invent News: Want to share news, updates or rumors from the show? Please email me the details: [email protected].
AWS re:Invent 2019: Pre-Conference News
8. New – Top 200 Public Cloud MSPs: A look a the Top 200 Public Cloud Managed IT Services Providers (MSPs) for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You’re the first readers to know about the list — which we’ll formally announce in the days ahead. A few dozen of the MSPs will be on hand at AWS re:Invent. We’ll be sure to offer updates on their business strategies in the days ahead.
7. Cloud Server Processors: AWS apparently is preparing a new round of custom, ARM-based chips to further improve cloud performance and potentially reduce the cloud company’s dependence on Intel and AMD processors, Reuters reports.
6. Data Protection: Cohesity will showcase new integrations and data archiving capabilities that make it easier to protect data across hybrid cloud environments.
5. Compliance – Healthcare Data: Datica will introduce its new cloud compliance solution at the conference.
4. Identity and Access Management – Part One: ForgeRock, a provider in digital identity capabilities, now supports AWS Session Tags. As a result, partners and customers can securely pass identity attributes from their ForgeRock Directory or other directory servers into AWS — thereby extending existing identity management processes across environments through federation.
3. Identity and Access Management – Part Two: OneLogin also announced support for AWS Session Tags.
2. Consulting Partnership: Capgemini expanded its strategic initiative with AWS to North America. The effort focuses on mass application migrations, cloud native development, cloud application modernization, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) and managed services. The relationship launched in Europe in 2018.
1. More AWS re:Invent News: Want to share news, updates or rumors from the show? Please email me the details: [email protected].