5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 30 October 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise IT Nation News: CEO Jason Magee’s keynote is today around 5:00 p.m. ET. Meanwhile, new developments and milestones from IT Glue (owned by Kaseya), Keeper Security and Refactr surfaced at IT Nation today. Check this ConnectWise IT Nation live blog for ongoing updates.
2. Carbonite for Sale?: The latest chatter is here.
4. M&A – Veeam Partner: J2 Global has quietly acquired OffSiteDataSync, a Veeam Platinum Partner in the data protection, backup and disaster recovery (BDR) software market. J2 Global also owns VIPRE, SpiceWorks and Excel Micro.
5. Commvault Financial Results: Portions of Commvault’s business delivered stronger-than-expected financial results in the data protection company’s latest quarter. Commvault, under fairly new CEO Sanjay Mirchandani, has been striving to modernize its technology, cloud and partner offerings. “While we still have more to do, I’m pleased with the ongoing progress we’ve made over the last quarter,” Mirchandani said. “We are improving our execution, closed our first major acquisition, and successfully launched a new enterprise-grade software-as-a-service offering.”
6. Zendesk Financial Results: Zendesk’s third-quarter revenue was $210.5 million, up 36 percent year over year, and a GAAP operating loss of $35.4 million.
7. SolarWinds Financial Results: The company’s latest financial results are expected to be announced after U.S. markets close today, October 30. The results could provide new clues about the performance of the SolarWinds MSP division, as well as the broader MSP market. Also, it’s a safe bet CEO Kevin Thompson will provide an update on SolarWinds Service Desk — which is positioned against ServiceNow’s IT Service Management (ITSM) software.
8. Microsoft Azure – Internet of Things: The cloud and software giant announced a major IoT blitz.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Amazon Web Services – Software Partner: Tyler Technologies, a software company focused on the public sector, has inked a strategic collaboration agreement withAWS for cloud hosting services.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 (October 30-November 1, Orlando, Florida)
- Kaseya Connect IT Europe 2019 (November 4-7, Amsterdam)
- Microsoft Ignite (November 4-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Cisco Partner Summit (November 5-7, Las Vegas)
- Service Management World Conference (November 9-13, Orlando,Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.