Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 28, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
15. Salesforce Financial Results: Salesforce's revenues were $3.39 billion in Q3 for fiscal 2019, up 26 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Explaining the company's momentum, Co-CEO Marc Benioff said all digital transformation strategies begin and end with the customer. Salesforce's cloud CRM platform and associated software are therefore perfectly positioned to ride the digital transformation wave, he suggested to CNBC.
14. Cisco Partner Priorities: What were the key takeaways from the recent Cisco Partner Summit? In a blog recapping the event, Jason Gallo urges partners to focus on DNA Assurance and SD-WAN opportunities.
13. Nutanix Financial Results: Nutanix revenues were $313.3 million in Q1 of fiscal 2019, up 14 percent from $275.6 million in the corresponding quarter last year. The hypreconverged infrastructure (HCI) company now generates 51 percent of its billings from subscription services. The results beat Wall Street's expectations, though Nutanix had a $94.2 million net loss for the quarter -- which was larger than the $61.5 million net loss from the corresponding period last year. Also, competition remains strong. HPE's hyper-converged sales hit a $1 billion annual run rate in mid-2018, the company said in August.
12. HCI Backup Services: ExaGrid is promoting a “Nutanix-Ready” hyperconverged backup storage solution that supports solutions from HYCU, Veeam, Commvault, Veritas, and others.
11. Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication Cloud Outages: Microsoft's multi-factor authentication (MFA) system, used for Azure, Office 365, and Dynamics, has gone down for a second time this month, just hours after the company published its findings into a 14-hour outage on November 19, Ars Technica reports.
10. Epson Partner Program: Epson America has unveiled "even more aggressive incentives" for new channel partners joining its CapturePro Partner Program, the company says. The enhanced partner offer delivers up to a 10 percent credit memo with tiered goals starting at as low as $5,000 in scanner sales in the first six months, the company says.
9. Cloud Pricing: OVHcloud has unveiled a "progressive new pricing strategy for bare metal servers" that offers an "everyday low price that is lower than promotional offers made by competing providers to disrupt the cloud status quo." The pricing change reflects OVHcloud’s commitment to web developers, technology entrepreneurs, founders of small businesses, and gamers who require speed, availability, flexibility, portability, and performance from their hardware providers without paying a premium for these benefits, OVHcloud asserts. On the lower end, customers can purchase a server with an Intel E3-1270 v6 chip, 32GB of RAM and a SoftRaid 2x2 TB SATA disk as low as $69.00 per month, the company says.
8. Cloud Spending Management Tools: Cloudability, which develops a cloud spending management tool, has managed more than $8 billion in cloud spending for customers since January 2015. Key customers include BP, OLX and Sony, the company says.
7. Partnership - Business Accelerators: Techstars, a business accelerator that supports more than 1,500 companies, has partnered with Union -- a platform that connects startup founders, mentors, investors, and corporate innovators around the world. Details are here.
6. MSPs - Google Cloud Platform: Vology, an MSP, has joined the Google Cloud Partner Program as a Premier Partner. Vology focuses on helping customers manage and reduce their risks in cloud adoption.
5. M&A - Private Equity Buys Distributor: U.S. private equity firm Atar Capital has acquired Microcel Corp, a Newmarket, Ontario-based distributor of consumer electronics products. Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. M&A - Hybrid Storage: Red Hat has acquired NooBaa, an early stage company developing software for managing data storage services across hybrid and multicloud environments. IBM, meanwhile, recently moved to acquire Red Hat for more than $30 billion.
3. M&A - APM: FogChain has acquired AppMark's application monitoring and benchmarking platform (called AppMon) and other related assets for 1 million shares of stock and US$40,000. The companies did not disclose the stock price or deal's overall value. AppMon allows customers to continuously measure the performance of their applications from the end-user perspective, providing alert processing capabilities to ensure technical and business teams are notified, and able to act when thresholds are exceeded, the company says.
2. AWS re:Invent 2018 News: It’s all right here.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.