Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 28, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. VMware VMworld 2019 Day 3 News: All of our live coverage is here.
2. M&A - Australia MSPs: Australian telco Spirit Telecom plans to continue acquiring MSPs despite overall financial losses at the company, ZDNet reports.
4. VAR Goes Bust: Here's a timely reminder that the strong IT services market doesn't guarantee success. The evidence: Scottish Cisco partner Hutchinson Networks went bust owing nearly £2m to trade creditors, according to ChannelWeb UK.
5. Funding - Voice Recognition: Theatro, a voice-controlled mobile platform connecting hourly employees to enterprise resources, apparently has gained investment dollars from Cisco and Honeywell...
6. Funding - Subscription Services Management: Chargebee, a San Francisco-based subscription management platform, raised $14 million in Series D funding led by Steadview Capital.
7. Financing - Data Centers: Element Critical has lined up $67 million in capital for data center expansions.
8. Cloud Migrations: iland Catalyst a free cloud assessment tool that simplifies the journey to the cloud, has gained multiple enhancements.
9. Multi-Cloud Services: Microsoft and Oracle have expanded their cloud services partnership to include interconnectivity between Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in London.
10. Huawei Layoffs: Huawei Australia is laying off 100 staff, and the company will be forced to shed more than half of its total workforce of 700 - 80 percent of whom are locals, the New Zealand Herald reports.
11. Microsoft Surface Launch: Microsoft plans to host an October 2 event where new Surface computers are expected to, well, surface.
12. McAfee IPO: McAfee has hired underwriters to pursue an initial public offering this year that its owners hope could value the cyber security company at at least $8 billion, Bloomberg reports.
13. HPE Financial Results: HP Enterprise's latest quarterly financial results were generally stronger than Wall Street expected.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Data Protection: iland is expanding its global channel sales program for its secure cloud backup, infrastructure and disaster recovery solutions in North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Australia and Africa. The company leverages Veeam's data protection software.
2. MSP Support:Kaspersky's MSP partner program, launched in 2017, now spans 2,000 registered partners.
3. Distribution - Smartphones: The Synnex Stellr program n0w offerings Pixel phones through an expanded relationship with Google’s hardware and services team.
4. Startup: XM Cyber, the multi-award-winning breach and attack simulation (BAS) leader, is one of six cybersecurity startups selected to join Switzerland's Kickstart program, an acceleration initiative designed to help startups break into the Swiss and European market.
5. AWS Authority to Operate Partner: Coalfire, a provider of cybersecurity advisory and assessment services, is one of 24 launch partners within Amazon Web Services (AWS) new Authority to Operate (ATO) partner program. ATO on AWS assists partners in their pursuit of a compliance authorization.
6. AWS ISV Workload Migrations: Cazena is one of the first AWS APN Partners for the launch of the ISV Workload Migration Program (WMP). The program helps companies migrate Independent Software Vendor (ISV) workloads to AWS.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].