5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 27 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 27, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Talent – Data Protection: Zerto has named Coley Burke as chief revenue officer (CRO) and Chris Nelson as VP of Americas sales.
2. Talent – ERP Cloud Services: Unit4 has named SAP SuccessFactors veteran James Shand as global head of cloud transformation and member of the global leadership team.
3. Box Financial Results: Box raised its full-year revenue forecast on Tuesday after reporting better-than-expected third-quarter sales, as the cloud management platform benefited from higher customer addition, Reuters reports.
4. Dell Financial Results: Dell Technologies cut its full-year revenue forecast on Tuesday as its PC business grapples with a shortage of chips from Intel, sending its shares down nearly 5% in extended trading, Reuters notes. Dell’s PC business had a strong quarter, with sales rising 4.6% to $11.41 billion and mirroring upbeat results from rival HP, Reuters adds. However, Dell’s server and networking unit dropped 16% to $4.24 billion in the third quarter ended Nov. 1, the report notes.
5. Tech Data Financial Results: Tech Data‘s 3Q fiscal 2020 revenue was $9.12 billion, down 2 percent from $9.34 billion. GAAP net income was $90.8 million, down $21 percent from $114.2 million. CEO Rich Hume says the the results were “solid” amid the technology distributor’s transition to private equity ownership.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – VMware Channel Chief: VMware has named Jean-Pierre Brulard as executive vice president, worldwide sales, effective Feb. 1, 2020. Brulard will succeed Maurizio Carli, who will remain an advisor at that time.
2. Distribution – SOC as a Service: Exclusive Networks is positioning itself as a managed security services distributor (MSSD) amid a land grab in the SOC as a Service market. The company’s first two MSSD services include (1) Monitoring & Alerting along with (2) Monitoring & Alerting + Prevention & Countermeasures.
4. Partner Program: Fathom, a digital marketing firm and 2016 Marketo Engage Digital Services Partner of the Year, has earned the Marketo Engage Specialization in the Adobe Solution Partner Program, the company says.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.