5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 25 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Today’s Morning Brew
1. M&A – Private Equity and IT Performance Monitoring: Xenon Partners, a software-focused technology private equity firm, has completed the acquisition of Metricfire, a provider in time series data monitoring. Metricfire helps developers and IT administrators monitor large quantities of performance metrics.
2. Funding – Application Performance Management (APM): Sentry has raised $40 million in Series C funding from Accel and New Enterprise Associates. The funding comes after successful IPOs from APM vendors Datadog and Dynatrace. Additional rival New Relic, however, has announced some executive changes amid some recent product rollout challenges.
3. Former Unicorn Stumbles: Former unicorn Kik has shut down its chat app and cut 80 percent of its staff after a fight with regulators.
4. MSP Network Management: Auvik Networks ranked No. 25 on the Startup 50 — a Canadian Business list that honors younger companies on two-year revenue growth rates.
5. Apple Device Management: Addigy will preview enhancements for its Apple Mac and iOS management platform at the MacSysAdmin conference in Sweden.
6. Automation – IT Service Management: Serviceaid has unveiled Luma Automation, a solution for automating a wide variety of IT and enterprise functions, the company says.
7. Talent – IT Services: Park Place Technologies, a provider of third-party IT maintenance services, has hired Dave Cox as COO.
8. Branding – IT Services: Some major company branding and IT service updates have surfaced at NWN Corp. of Boston. The company supports 1,300 customers throughout the United States.
9. Talent – IT Consulting: Accenture has appointed Simon Eaves as group chief executive — Products, effective Oct. 1, 2019. He succeeds Sander van ’t Noordende, who will remain with the company through Dec. 31, 2019.
10. Research – The State of IT in 2020: The Spiceworks report is here.
11. Research – IT Outages: What’s the actual impact of IT outages? LogicMonitor’s 2019 IT Outage Impact Study offers some clues.
12. Office 365 Backup: Quest Software has released NetVault Backup 12.4. It features enhanced capabilities for Office 365 Exchange Online and OneDrive, as well as support for SAP HANA and Nutanix AHV environments, the company says.
13. Wealthy Families Brace for Economic Downturn: The research findings are here…
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Cisco Partner Opportunities: Cisco Systems continues to outline profit-driving partner opportunities. A recent Cisco blog highlights such incentives and partner enablement programs as:
- Ignite the Firewall can accelerate security sales and your profitability by providing dynamic bundles and great incentives for deals that are registered in CCW
- Refresh the Future provides incentives to help you refresh, recapture and retain key data center customers
- MINT (Mentored Install Network Training) is now a SKU, making it easier than ever for you to get support for DNA Center installations
- Software-led Profitability Calculator lets you model your software-led business practice and gives you insights into cost optimization, addressable market segments, and more
- Activate – Attend an Activate session to learn about customer relevant use cases
that drive real business outcomes and partner sales.
2. MSP Password Management: SolarWinds has introduced Passportal Site and related market development funds (MDF) to help MSPs build new recurring revenue streams. Passportal Site gives MSP customers the ability to:
- Centralize and safeguard corporate and personal passwords
- Set up folders to organize and categorize passwords
- Manage all employees’ data access rights
- Receive notifications of all passwords known by departing employees and cut access
- Generate strong and unique passwords
- Log in to saved websites with one click
- Run audits and reports internally
More details on the program are available here.
3. ERP and PSA: FinancialForce has launched a reseller program for the company’s PSA (professional services automation) and ERP (enterprise resource planning) cloud applications. IT consulting firms can certainly consume FinancialForce PSA to run their own businesses. But now there’s also a reseller component to help partners profit from the PSA and ERP offerings. The reseller partner program surfaced during FinancialForce’s EMEA Partner Summit.
4. Data Privacy Automation: Integris Software has launched the Integris Partner Program to help enterprises automate their data privacy programs.
5. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Intelisys Channel Connect 20219 (September 25-27, Monterey, California)
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Continuum Navigate19 (October 1-2, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Kaseya Connect IT Asia-Pacific (October 2-4, Sydney, Australia)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].