5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 14 February 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
17. Major Government SMB Errors? Certain U.S. government agencies incorrectly classified EY and PricewaterhouseCoopers as “SMEs” (small and midsize enterprises) for government contract bids and wins. The serious error means some agencies may be overstating how effectively they work with SME partners…
16. Managed Print Services: Xerox has launched MPS Essentials Suite — a managed print services bundle to help partners drive SMB recurring revenues.
15. Hardware Ain’t Dead: The U.S. B2B indirect hardware market reached $57 billion in 2017, up four percent vs. 2016, according to The NPD Group’s Distributor Track and Commercial Reseller Tracking Service. This increase outpaced the annual U.S. GDP growth and demonstrates the strength of the hardware market in the B2B channel, which is being driven by segments such as PCs and networking devices, the market watcher says.
14. Momentum: Cloudian, an enterprise object storage system specialist, grew its customer base by 100 percent in 2017, and revenues hit a new record every quarter in the year. The company did not disclose actual dollar figures.
13. Talent – MSPs: Vology has hired Jay Grubbs as VP of sales. He’ll focus on driving revenue growth at the managed IT services provider. He previously held a similar post at Tracker.
12. Partner Program – Colocation: vXchnge, a colocation data center services provider, has launched a channel partner program. Launch members include Unitas Global, Bridgepointe Technologies, Avant and MicroCorp, the company says.
11. Partner Program – Oracle NetSuite: ERA Consulting Group, Smartbridge, Softengine and Vibrant Inc. have joined Oracle NetSuite’s partner program and launched cloud ERP practices. Related: NetSuite Channel Chief Craig West shares his partner strategy on this podcast.
Jump to page two for items 10 to 1.