5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 09 October 2019
Here five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. How I Sold My MSP: Hear from MJ Shoer and Jason Waldrop, as the entrepreneurs describe how they launched, built and sold their MSP businesses. Register now to join our ChannelE2E webcast.
3. M&A – SMB Marketing Software: Madwire has acquired SpaceCraft, a cloud-based website platform and software company in Austin, Texas. Madwire flagship marketing platform for small businesses is called Marketing360.
4. Research – Threat Report: Webroot’s mid-year threat report for 2019 is now available here.
5. California Power Outages: Pacific Gas and Electric Co. (PG&E) has started its first phase of power shutoffs across Northern and Central California, leaving roughly 513,000 customers without power ahead of a forecast high wind event and elevated wildfire dangers, according to local reports. The Public Safety Power Shutoff is expected to impact nearly 800,000 customers across 34 counties, the report says.
6. Layoffs – WeWork: The struggling firm plans to shed about 500 of the roughly 1,500 software engineers, product managers and data scientists employed in the company’s technology division, The Information reports. The job cuts could further dilute WeWork’s identity as a tech company in the real estate industry, the report asserts.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
2. Partner Program – Workflow Solutions: Onit has unveiled a Strategic Alliances Program.
4. Distribution – Security: Tech Data has agreed to distribute security-oriented solutions from Akamai Technologies. The lineup includes Web application firewall protection; accelerated performance of web and mobile applications; and enterprise traffic protection and remote application access.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- 4u2grow Marketopia Conference (October 9-11, Clearwater Beach, Florida)
- Acronis Cyber Summit 2019 (October 13-16, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Workday Rising 2019 (October 14-17, Orlando, Florida)
- Commvault Go 2019 (October 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- Continuum Navigate 2019 (October 15-16, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].