5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 07 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSPs: CompuVision Systems Inc. of Edmonton has acquired YellowWood IT, an MSP in Calgary. We’ll share more details soon.
2. M&A – Network Infrastructure: Great Plains Communications, the largest privately-owned telecommunications provider in Nebraska and a Grain Management portfolio company, has acquired InterCarrier Networks (ICN), a high-capacity, fiber-optic network carrier with routes in Illinois, Indiana, the St. Louis metro area, and Kentucky.
3. Talent – MSPs and Cloud Services: Nerdio has hired CloudJumper and Agility IT veteran Scott Bechtold as general manager of sales.
4. Funding – Software-Defined Telecom: SignalWire has raised $11.5 million in Series A funding round. The funding will be used to accelerate the development of SignalWire’s Cloud communication platform, a new offering that allows developers to embed voice, messaging, and video capabilities into applications using advanced real-time APIs, the company says.
5. Oracle Cloud Services Expansion: The details surfaced here. We’ll share more details soon.
6. Office Depot and CompuCom Financial Results: Office Depot’s CompuCom business showed progress in the company’s latest quarter, the company says. We’ll share more details soon.
7. New Relic Financial Results: The company’s latest financial forecast somewhat disappointed investors, raising potential yellow flags in the application performance management (APM) and cloud infrastructure monitoring.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].