Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, December 05, 2018.
Actually, there are 17 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
17. Partner Programs: Multiple partner program launches, refinements and engagements have surfaced. Key moves include:
- ePlus Technology touting its AppDynamics professional services expertise.
- Fastec Imaging, a manufacturer of high-speed cameras for industrial troubleshooting and scientific applications, has launched a OEM Partner Program.
- FloQast, a provider of close management software created by accountants for accountants to close faster and more accurately, launched a channel partner program for cloud accounting software resellers.
- iZeno Pte, a Singapore company focused on DevOps and IT service management, has joined the Atlassian Solution Partner Program, with a particular focus on the financial services and manufacturing verticals.
- Kentico Software, a web content management vendor by independent research analysts, launched a partner program for Kentico Cloud – a cloud-first headless content management system (CMS) and digital experience platform for marketers and developers.
- SaaSOptics, a subscription management platform for B2B SaaS and subscription-based businesses, has a new partner program for outsourced financial operations advisory firms, technology consultancies, venture capital and private equity firms.
16. HP Enterprise Financial Results: Hewlett Packard Enterprise revenues were $7.9 billion in Q4 2018, up 4 percent from the corresponding quarter last year, the company said yesterday. However, the company had a $757 million net loss for the quarter, compared to a $451 million net profit for the corresponding quarter last year. Generally speaking, the results beat Wall Street's expectations.
15. Talent - IBMer Retires: Former IBM channel chief Dave Carlquist has required from IBM, according to his LinkedIn profile. CRN noted his retirement here.
14. Talent - SD-WANs: Silver Peak has hired:
- Ken Laversin as Chief Revenue Officer;
- Kathleen Swift as Senior Vice President, Human Resources; and
- Rick Valentine as Chief Customer Officer.
Laversin oversees global sales, channel and revenue-generating teams worldwide. He previously held key posts at Jasper, Cisco, Siebel and Oracle.
13. Talent - Data Protection: Arcserve has hired McAfee, eSentire and Symantec veteran Sue Fossnes as North American channel director.
12. Funding - Performance Management: 15Five, which specializes in performance management, has raised $8.2 million in Series A funding. The company plans to grow its employee headcount by more than 100 percent in the coming year, expanding from 34 employees at the start of 2018 to more than 100 in 2019, 15Five says.
10. Distribution - Secondary Storage: Tech Data has agreed to distribute Cohesity, a hyperconverged secondary storage solution. Available to Tech Data partners in the U.S. and Canada, the solutions span software-defined options for backup and data recovery.
9. WaaS for VMware Cloud on AWS: CloudJumper, a provider of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Workspace as a Service (WaaS) and Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solutions, is now available to customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
7. Endpoint Management & Security: Kyocera has entered the U.S. cybersecurity endpoint management market. Kyocera, through a group company called Interfocus, offers LanScope Cat, a unified endpoint management and security solution for small businesses. Interfocus works with resellers and technology partners, but the company's partner website does not specifically mention MSPs or MSSPs.
6. Integration - Remote Support: TeamViewer now integrates with the AppTec360 Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform. From the AppTec360 Management Console, administrators can screen share and remotely control a wide range of Android, iOS, macOS and Windows desktop/mobile devices, and more.
5. Succession Plans: Only 19 percent of family-owned businesses have succession plans...
4. MSP Software - PSA Integration: OnPage, which develops an incident alert management system, now integrates with Datto's Autotask, a professional services automation (PSA) and IT business management platform.
3. M&A - IT Solutions Provider: Aktion Associates, a national software reseller and IT infrastructure provider focused on the Construction, Distribution and Manufacturing industries, has acquired Maximum Computer Systems. We'll share more details soon.
2. ConnectWise Acquires: This company...
1. IT Glue Conference 2019: Did you see the latest? We'll share more thoughts soon...