Podcast: ConnectWise CEO Describes Sienna Group Security Acquisition
ConnectWise has acquired Sienna Group, a security solutions provider that will help partners to address (1) liability risk reduction and (2) revenue growth opportunities, the two companies said today.
In this ChannelE2E podcast, ConnectWise CEO Arnie Bellini and Sienna Group CEO John Ford provide deeper details about the deal — and the potential benefits for partners. Ford now shifts to the CISO position at ConnectWise.
Podcast: Listen Here…
What Bellini and Ford cover…
- 0:00 – Intros and conversation overview.
- 0:34 – Bellini describes the Sienna acquisition, and how ConnectWise will offer partners a Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.
- 1:25 – Ford shares some background at Sienna, and his history as a CISO.
- 2:12 – Bellini’s goal to bring cybersecurity education to partners in the small business sector.
- 5:14 – Ford describes a Cybersecurity Framework for small and midsize businesses, and the potential benefits. Plus how partners will be able to perform risk assessments for customers.
- 6:57 – Bellini on the training effort.
- 7:12 – Bellini’s first-step advice to partners that need to go deeper into security.
- 8:00 – Bellini describes the Protect Your House initiative (www.connectwise.com/protectyourhouse) which allows partners to assess themselves and customers in terms of risk and security.
- 9:18 – Bellini on where intrusion detection and other solutions fit into the overall Cybersecurity Framework.
- 10:39 – Conclusion