5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 14 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. ConnectWise – Ransomware Recovery: Ransomware caused the recent ConnectWise Manage EU outage, but no data was lost and no EU compliance issues are expected from the incident, and new security safeguards are in place, the company says.
2. M&A – Data Centers: DXC Technology has acquired a New Jersey data center from Credit Suisse. At the same time, the companies have signed a 13-plus year managed co-location services agreement with Credit Suisse. DXC serves nearly 800 enterprise and government clients with managed data center services, business recovery services, and co-location services across 43 owned and leased sites globally, in addition to over 250 managed co-lo locations, the company says.
3. Funding — AI for APM: Unravel Data has raised $35 million in Series C funding. Point72 Ventures, founded by hedge fund investor Steve Cohen, led the round with participation from Harmony Partners, and existing Unravel investors Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital and M12 (formerly Microsoft Ventures). The company says its AI-powered system differentiates from established APM (application performance management) platforms like AppDynamics, New Relic, Splunk, and DataDog.
4. Field Service Automation: Zinier has introduced Intelligent Service Automation and Control (ISAC), an AI-driven platform enabling field service organizations to operate more efficiently, the company says.
5. FedRAMP and SaaS: Rackspace has announced a new program that provides affordable FedRAMP compliance for SaaS providers, the company says. The program, called Rackspace Inheritable Security Controls (RISC) involves a partnership with Telos Corporation’s Xacta. RISC significantly shortens the time and reduces the cost required to achieve Authorization to Operate (ATO) for independent software vendors (ISVs) selling software-as-a-service (SaaS) to the federal government, Rackspace asserts.
C. Partner Program Updates
1. Unified Communications as a Service: Intermedia has unveiled a Co-Branded option for partners selling Intermedia Unite — an all-in-one business phone and communications system with integrated web and video conferencing, team chat, file sharing and backup, and more.
2. Email Security: TitanHQ has launched the TitanShield partner program for MSPs, resellers, cloud distributors, WiFi providers, OEM partners and technology alliance partners.
4. Talent – Security: Matthew Courchesne is the new head of SMB and channel for Kaspersky Lab in the United States. Courchesne previously was director of sales, North America, for the company. Earlier, he held key sales posts at SmartBear Software, Quick Base and PC Connection Inc.
5. Talent – Supply Chain Automation: SourceDay, a supply chain automation SaaS solution, has hired Spredfast veteran Sarah Moore as chief marketing officer (CMO), and former NSS Labs and Ping Identity executive Emeka Obianwu as senior VP, Alliances and Channel. SourceDay raised $6.5 million in Series A funding in late 2018.
6. Talent: AppRiver, a Zix company focused on channel-first security, productivity, and compliance solutions, has named Paul Balkwell to lead the company’s European channel sales efforts.
D. Technology Conferences
- Bosch ConnectedWord IIoT Conference (Germany)
- Haystack Connect IoT Conference (San Diego)
- IoT World 2019 (Santa Clara)
- Most Profitable MSP Services (Webcast – May 23)
- ZertoCon 2019 (Nashville)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.