Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Application Monitoring: Apcela has launched AppMon, a software-defined monitoring solution for network and application performance.
11. GDPR: Major privacy regulators say they are not ready for the new GDPR privacy law, which activates on May 25...
10. Blockchain Hype: Amid all the Blockchain hype, here's the reality... Only 1 percent of companies have already invested in and deployed a Blockchain-related application or service, according to Gartner. Fully 77 percent of organizations have no interest or no actions planned for the technology.8
7. AWS Cloud Partner: Data center provider CoreSite Realty has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Networking Competency status as well as Advanced Technology Partner status in the AWS Partner Network (APN).
6. Carbonite's Next Move: Carbonite is preparing to launch a disaster recovery platform called Carbonite Recover, along with a single data protection console for all of the company's products and services. We'll share more details soon.
5. ServiceNow MSP: AHEAD, the well-known IT consulting and enterprise cloud solutions provider, has achieved ServiceNow Silver Services Partner status. The company has partnered with ServiceNow since around 2012, and currently emphasizes IT Service Management (ITSM) and Security Operations (SecOpS) solutions in the ServiceNow customer ecosystem.
4. ServiceNow Integration: 3CLogic, a provider of cloud contact center software, now integrates with ServiceNow.
- VARs can visit the D&H kit station in the foyer between the Latour and Lafite ballrooms at the event on Tuesday, May 8 to assemble Red Cross “Comfort Kits.” The kits are comprised of toiletries and personal amenities to be distributed to victims of disasters who are in need. For every comfort kit created, D&H will donate $1 to the Red Cross.
- In addition to D&H’s donation, Lenovo will donate $1 for any tweet made using the hashtags #LenovoAccelerate18 and #Donation during the conference. Lenovo will also match 50% of VAR donations made directly to Red Cross via www.redcross.org/lenovo during the month of May, up to a maximum of $25,000 total.