Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 7, 2019.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
10. Talent - Office Depot: The office supplies giant has hired XPO Logistics veteran Stephen M. Mohan as executive vice president of the Business Solutions Division (BSD), effective May 13, 2019. Mohan will report directly to CEO Gerry Smith. The company, which now owns the CompuCom IT services business, announced weaker-than-expected business performance in April 2019.
9. Momentum - Private Equity and IT Services: Trace3, backed by private equity firm H.I.G. Capital, today announced record revenue of $1.2 billion in 2018, marking its sixth consecutive year of top-line growth exceeding 20 percent, the company says. Key moves include acquiring midwest solutions providers Data Strategy and Optio Data.
8. Amazon & Small Businesses: Instead of killing small businesses, Amazon claims to be helping them. To wit, the company has published a 2019 Amazon SMB Impact report that claims:
- More than 1.9 million small and medium-sized businesses, content creators, and developers in the U.S. are currently working with Amazon; and
- small and medium-sized businesses selling in Amazon’s stores have created an estimated 1.6 million jobs worldwide, up from 900,000 in 2017.
7. Salesforce SMB Trends: Salesforce has also released a small business trends report...
6. Partner Honor: Intelisys, ScanSource company, announced Sidepath as its newest Sales Partner to reach Platinum Sales Partner status. Founded in 2002, Sidepath is an IT solutions provider and technology integrator offering hardware, cloud and connectivity solutions. The company's expertise includes software defined networks, SD-WAN, hyper-converged infrastructure, hybrid cloud, UCaaS and CCaaS technologies.
5. Partner Program - APIs: Kong Inc. has unveiled the Kong GTM Partner Program for its Kong Enterprise API platform. The program has 20 inaugural members, including a range of VARs and systems integrators.
4. Microsoft Build 2019 Conference: Our ongoing coverage is here.
3. ServiceNow Knowledge 2019 Conference: Our ongoing coverage is here.
2. Kaseya Connect IT 2019 Conference: Our ongoing coverage is here.
1. Join Us – My Most Profitable Managed Service: We’ll cover that exact topic during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now to join us.