5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 05 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
Actually, there are 21 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
21. Partner Program: GoZone WiFi (GoZone) has hired Linksys veteran Wayne Newton as VP of channel partnerships. The company’s expertise includes WiFi analytics, marketing and associated advertising skills.
20. Windstream Broadband & Bankruptcy: The company has delivered 12 consecutive months of broadband subscriber growth through February 2019. The challenge? Windstream also is navigating a Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
19. Salesforce Financial Results: Salesforce’s fourth quarter revenue was $3.6 billion, up 26 percent year-over-year. Net income was $362 million, up from $206 million in the corresponding quarter last year. The results generally exceeded Wall Street’s expectations. Salesforce also raised its business outlook for fiscal 2020.
18. Partnership – CSP & MSSP: Green Cloud Technologies, a cloud technology solutions provider that only sells through the channel, has partnered with Infogressive, a Top 100 MSSP. The partnership blends Infogressive’s cybersecurity intelligence with Green Cloud’s IT solutions to detect and prevent cyber threats and provide a cohesive set of security capabilities, the companies assert.
17. Partnership – Hitachi & Cisco: Hitachi Vantara, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd., is touting a growing partnership with Cisco to accelerate data center modernization, converged infrastructure and cloud deployments. Their combined efforts integrate Hitachi storage and Cisco compute and networking.
16. IT Monitoring: SunView Software has released LivePulse, an “easy-to-use and affordable monitoring solution for business.” Ironically, SunView is located in Tampa — not far from MSP-centric software monitoring company ConnectWise.
15. Cybersecurity – Government Research: SolarWinds has released its fifth Federal Cybersecurity Survey results and associated findings. Fifty six percent of respondents believe careless untrained insiders are a significant source of IT security threats in their agencies, while 52 percent of respondents pointed to foreign governments as primary threats.
13. Free MSSP Trial – Threat Detection: PolySwarm’s threat detection marketplace is now open to enterprises and MSSPs. Both audiences are invited to try the service free.
12. MSSP Dashboard – Threat Intelligence: RANK Software, an AI-based security analytics and threat intelligence platform, has introduced multi-tenant capabilities to help MSSPs and large organizations to better manage and scale proactive cybersecurity threat hunting.
11. Anti-Phishing & Security Awareness Training: Starting early April, Webroot Security Awareness Training will allow administrators to launch global campaigns across one or all clients in a single click, the company says. The upgrade will feature Client Breach Reports, updated course content, a new phishing lure page framework and integration with the Webroot Global Site Manager console for streamlined management across multiple users, clients, and sites, the company says.
Continue to page two of two for today’s items 10 to one.