Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 1, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Today’s Morning Brew
1. Continuum Navigate Conference News: CEO Michael George and the executive team unveiled new backup, cybersecurity and artificial intelligence technologies to help MSPs further automate their businesses, lock down networks and safeguard customer assets. Track our live blog updates here.
2. Research - MSP Network Management: MSPs are managing hundreds of different network equipment vendors, according to Auvik Networks research. The top nine most commonly deployed vendors across all device categories—Cisco, HP, Meraki, Ubiquiti, Ruckus, Aruba, SonicWall, Dell, NETGEAR, and Fortinet—command around 80 percent of devices across all networks.
3. M&A - Data Centers: Sterlite Technologies Limited (STL) has acquired Impact Data Solutions (IDS Group).
4. Investment - IT Services and Analytics: ServiceNow has invested in MonetDB Solutions. Additionally, the two companies will build analytics capabilities into ServiceNow’s Now Platform.
5. Financing - Data Centers: ServerFarm, a data center developer and operator, has completed a $200 million credit facility led by TD Securities as part of a recapitalization.
6. IT Services - Expansion: Stefanini, a $1B global IT provider, has expanded its European operations into the Ukraine.
7. Database Monitoring: Percona has launched Percona Monitoring and Management 2 (PMM2), an enhanced version of its database monitoring platform. PMM2 is a free and open source platform that provides a single-pane-of-glass to monitor the performance of MySQL, MariaDB, MongoDB and PostgreSQL® database environments
8. Talent: Cisco Systems Chief Marketing Officer Karen Walker is exiting the networking giant to join Intel as CMO.
9. AWS Cloud Talent - On Demand: Amazon Web Services has launched AWS IQ to help customers find AWS-certified experts on-demand.
10. Windows Virtual Desktop: Microsoft Windows Virtual Desktop is now generally available.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Digital Transformation - Microsoft Customers: Nintex and Avanade have partnered to assist Microsoft customers with their digital transformation projects. Avanade is a major Microsoft-focused IT solutions provider. Nintex focuses on process management and automation.
2. Partner Portal: Faction has launched a parter portal.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Box BoxWorks 2019 (September 30-October 4, San Francisco)
- Cherwell Clear 2019 (September 30-October 3, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Continuum Navigate19 (October 1-2, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Kaseya Connect IT Asia-Pacific (October 2-4, Sydney, Australia)
- Synnex Inspire (October 2-4, Greenville, South Carolina)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].