Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, February 21, 2019.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
7. Google Cloud Services Platform (CSP): The offering, which allows customers to run Google's cloud technology on-premises, is now available for beta testing.
6. Talent - SD-WANs: Masergy, a leading provider of secure hybrid SD-WAN, managed security and cloud communications solutions, has hired Bob Laskey as chief revenue officer and executive VP heading the global sales and marketing organizations. He previously held key posts at Tata Communications, CenturyLink, Oracle, Accenture and Microsoft.
5. SAP HANA Backup: Veeam Software now has a certified backup plugin for SAP HANA.
4. Small Business Healthcare Plans: North Carolina's Senate Republicans are striving to loosen restrictions on "Association Health Plans. Under the legislation, these plans would be expanded so companies, sole proprietorships and the self-employed could band together for health insurance with leverage similar to larger companies, The San Francisco Chronicle reports.
3. M&A - Zix & AppRiver: Zix has completed its buyout of AppRiver, and the combined company will focus heavily on cloud-based cybersecurity solutions. Zix will share more information during a February 28 earnings call and during the RSA Security conference in March.
2. MSP Training: Taylor Business Group's latest training sessions are set for March.
1. Your Most Profitable MSP Service: That’s the topic of ChannelE2E’s February webcast. Register now to join us.