5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 08 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 9, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Hackers Hit MSP Backups: Breaking details are here.
2. Microsoft Licensing Controversy?: A new Microsoft licensing plan will make it far less expensive to run Microsoft applications in Azure vs. third-party clouds like Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform. Rival cloud providers reacted with shock and concern. The rest of this, for better or worse, saw this coming.
3. Private Equity Reality Check: The private equity industry has a record amount of cash on hand to invest, which one might presume makes investors worry about overpaying for mediocre deals. But that doesn’t seem to be happening, according to consultant EY’s latest research, Institutional Investor reports.
4. Talent – Data Protection: Druva has hired Tibco veteran Thomas Been as chief marketing officer (CMO).
6. Funding – SMB Accounting Software: JPMorgan Chase has made a strategic investment in FreshBooks, a small business accounting software provider. Financial details were not disclosed
7. Data Loss Prevention: The Code42 Next-Gen Data Loss Protection solution now includes advanced exposure dashboards and expanded alerting functionality to help companies protect data from loss when employees quit. Code42 also introduced an integrated offering for IBM Resilient, a platform for orchestrating and automating incident response processes. The Code42 for Resilient app is available to the security community through the IBM Security App Exchange.
8. HPE Server Performance: HP Enterprise has “shattered 37 world records” for server performance with the new HPE ProLiant DL325 and HPE ProLiant DL385 servers equipped with the 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processor, the company asserts.
9. Lenovo Servers: The company has introduced Lenovo ThinkSystem SR635 and SR655 server platforms, two of the industry’s most powerful single-socket servers, the company claims. The servers are powered by next-generation AMD EPYC 7002 Series processors.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Talent: Zerto’s channel sales team has gamed Emily Weeks as the director of sales for East Americas, and Eric Barnhart as the director of channel sales in the Americas.
2. IT Service Management: Cherwell Software has launched a new technology alliance program.
3. Integration – Help Desk Software: Zendesk has unveiled WhatsApp for Zendesk, a new WhatsApp Business API connector, that allows businesses to reach and respond to WhatsApp users.
4. Professional Services Automation: FinancialForce (PSA software) and 4C (Europe’s largest independent Salesforce Platinum Partner) are partnering to deploy FinancialForce for customers across EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa).
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Arrow Technology Summit 2019 (August 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].