Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, Sept 6, 2018.
Actually, there are 15 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
15. Dell Technologies - Strong Revenues: Dell's Q2 revenues for fiscal 2019 were $22.9 billion, up 18 percent from Q2 fiscal 2018. The company's net loss shrunk to $461 million, down from a $739 million net loss in Q2 fiscal 2018. The financial performance was much stronger than Wall Street was expecting. We'll share more details and channel analysis soon.
14. 5G Networks: Juniper Networks and Ericsson are expanding their longstanding partnership to deliver end-to-end 5G solutions that leverage each company’s complementary portfolios, the two firms say.
13. Talent - Cloud Distribution: Pax8 has hired Ken Patterson as director of community. The cloud-centric distributor has been in rapid growth mode, building close relationships with MSP-centric partners and recurring revenue-centric ISVs across security, storage, IT management and more.
12. Talent - Business Management Software: Mavenlink, which develops PSA and other business management software, has hired Piero Broccardo as CFO and Pam DeMond as senior VP of HR.
11. Partner Program - Government Sector: Broadvoice, a provider of hosted voice, unified communications (UC) and SIP Trunking services for businesses, has launched a Public Sector Program (PSP) to assist channel partners with selling into government, education and not-for-profit organizations.
10. ServiceNow Simplifies Chatbots: The latest ServiceNow release, called London, allows customers and partners to "quickly deploy ready-made chatbots, and even build their own custom chatbots, using a drag-and-drop interface and little or no code," the company says. We'll share more thoughts soon.
9. Cisco Sues Former Employee: Cisco Systems has filed suit in a North Carolina federal court, accusing a former employee of “self-dealing," using fake identities to score millions of dollars worth of contracts, according to Triangle Business Journal.
8. Cisco Umbrella Security Fix: Cisco has patched a major Umbrella vulnerability. Umbrella is security platform that thousands of MSPs leverage to protect their clientele.
7. Cisco Meraki for Small Business: Cisco has unveiled Meraki Go, a WiFi solution built for small businesses. We'll share more details soon.
6. Seven Trends In Docker Container Monitoring: Find them here, care of CA Technologies.
5. Online Lending: Kabbage, Inc., a global financial services, technology and data platform, now offers its automated online lending solution to master agents and their sub agents serving small businesses, including VARs, SIs and MSPs.
4. Exit Strategies & ESOP Guidance: Stevens & Lee/Griffin, which has offices in Reading and Allentown, Pennsylvania, will combine with a Philadelphia-area law firm to create a multidisciplinary firm that focuses on employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), according to Lehigh Valley Business. The new company, SES ESOP Strategies, a Stevens & Lee/Griffin Co., is expected to be operational on October 1, the report says.
3. ConnectWise Funding For Your Business: The ConnectWise Envision Fund has unveiled Pitch IT, a competition that offers a first-place winner up to $100,000 to carry out its business plan. Second- and Third-Place winners will be awarded up to $50,000 and 25,000, respectively.
2. ConnectWise M&A Deal Crawl: ConnectWise is inviting IT service providers to find their M&A match during the IT Nation Connect conference in November. Get details about the M&A Deal Crawl here.
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure: Participate in the survey here and potentially earn honors for your MSPs. Plus: Get the honoree lists and see the research by attending our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.