5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 19 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 19, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – MSP and Private Equity: Siris Capital Group has acquired TPx Communications, a managed IT services provider (MSP) with Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) expertise. The Siris investment portfolio includes numerous data, telecom and tech business services companies.
2. M&A – IT Management & Help Desk Tools: Spiceworks has been acquired.
3. M&A – Application Development & Private Equity: Quick Base has acquired Cloudpipes. The deal combines a cloud-based application development platform with a cloud-based integration and automation platform. Quick Base is owned by Datto parent Vista Equity Partners, a major private equity firm.
4. M&A – Private Equity & Data Centers: CyrusOne Inc. is considering a potential sale after receiving takeover interest from a bidder group that includes KKR & Co., Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners and I Squared Capital, The Dallas Morning News reports.
5. Artificial Intelligence Testing: For the second year in a row, Loup Ventures found that Google Assistant answered more questions correctly than Apple’s Siri or Amazon’s Alexa in its annual IQ test, CNBC reports.
6. Spin-Out – Network Testing Tools: Netscout has spun out NetAlly, a provider of handheld testing solutions including the LinkSprinter Pocket Network Tester, LinkRunner Network Auto-Tester, OneTouch AT Network Assistant, AirCheck G2 Wireless Tester, and AirMagnet Mobile solutions.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. AWS Partner – Government Compliance: The Center for Internet Security (CIS) is a launch partner for a new Amazon Web Services program called Authority to Operate (ATO). The ATO on AWS program identifies partners that can assist cloud customers with Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and The Department of Defense (DoD) Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (SRG), and other compliance needs.
2. Telecom Services: Flawless Execution Consulting (FLEX), a Tennessee-based telecom site acquisition and development firm, has embraced OneVizion, an information management solution for the telecom industry.
3. Talent – Palo Alto Networks: Dave Peranich, executive vice president of worldwide sales at Palo Alto Networks, is leaving after three years at the cybersecurity company, The Information reports.
4. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].