5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 16 September 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 16, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
2. Oracle OpenWorld 2019: Live updates from this week’s Oracle OpenWorld 2019 are here.
3. Startup Deadline: Today (September 16) is the last day for startups in the Tampa Bay, Florida, region to apply for the Tampa Bay Wave’s Fall 2019 Accelerator Program.
4. Small Business Mentoring: The Northland Foundation will take over the University of Minnesota Duluth’s small business center in October 2019.
6. M&A – Enterprise Software Targets: Splunk, Autodesk and PTC are among the enterprise software companies destined to become M&A targets, according to GlobaData’s Thematic Scorecard research.
7. M&A – Voice Recognition & Fast Food: McDonald’s has acquired Apprente, a conversational voice recognition startup. The deal will allow for faster, simpler and more accurate ordering at the Drive-Thru, the fast food giant says.
9. IT Outsourcing – Bribery Case: Former Cognizant Technology Solutions COO Sridhar Thiruvengadam has agreed to pay a $50,000 fine and is cooperating with investigators in a bribery case.
10. Research – Data Protection: Amid rapid data growth, roughly 47 percent of IT decision makers foresee an inability to recovery quickly enough in the event of a data outage, according to StorageCraft research.
11. Stating the Obvious: IBM overpaid for the Red Hat acquisition, according to VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger. ChannelE2E reached the same conclusion when IBM originally announced the Red Hat acquisition. No doubt, Red Hat brings some great technology to the table. But the M&A deal valued Red Hat at a lofty 51 times estimated adjusted earnings for 2020.
12. Cloud Managed Solutions: Frontier Communications Corp, of Norwalk, Connecticut has launched Frontier Cloud Managed Solutions.
13. Google Cloud Platform – Monitoring Services: Zenoss has launched monitoring capabilities for Google Cloud Platform (GCP) serverless compute instances.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Google Cloud Partners: The search giant is working with multiple cloud partners to help broadcasters and media companies transform their businesses, according to Kip Schauer, global head of Google Cloud Media & Entertainment Partnerships.
2. Talent – Channel Chief: HP Enterprise has named Leslie Maher as its North American channel chief, effective November 1, 2019, CRN reports. Maher previously was VP North America compute and HPC & AI business.
3. Cloudflare IPO – Partners Missing: Cloudflare launched a very successful IPO last week. But let’s not forget: Only 9 percent of the cloud security company’s revenues come from channel partners, according to an SEC filing in August 2019.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Pure Storage Accelerate 2019 (September 15-18, Austin, Texas)
- Cisco Contact Center Summit 2019 (September 17-19, Hollywood, Florida)
- New Relic FutureStack (September 19, New York)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].