5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 11 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Monday, November 12, 2018.
Actually, there are 23 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
23. Partnership: Siemens and Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise company, today announced a strategic partnership focused on bridging the Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) worlds, the two companies claim.
22. ITSM Conference: Pink19, the Pink Elephant IT service management (ITSM) conference, is confirmed for February 2019.
21. Business Model Shift: Presidio, the midmarket IT solutions provider, says its recurring revenue grew 24 percent in the first quarter of fiscal 2019 vs. the corresponding quarter last year. That’s an impressive jump, though recurring revenue only represents 5.7 percent of Presidio’s total revenue.
19. Dropbox – Data Breach Protection: Coronet will extend its data breach protection features to Dropbox.
18. Talent – Data Protection: Druva has hired Veritas veteran Mike Palmer as chief product officer.
17. HIPAA Compliance Checklist: Compliancy Group has released a new HIPAA compliance checklist for 2019.
15. Government IT Services Contract: The County of Orange, California has awarded an IT services contract valued at $51 million to $77 million to Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC). Work will be primarily performed in Santa Ana, California.
14. Cloud Distribution: Pax8 has added addition of five new vendors to the company’s suite of cloud solutions: Acronis, Dropsuite, IRONSCALES, Passportal, and Proofpoint. The new relationships surfaced at ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018 last week in Orlando.
13. Office 365 Services for MSPs: SherWeb has expanded selected Office 365 plans for MSPs to include security, backup and eLearning training at no additional cost.
12. MSP Guidance: SolarWinds MSP has launched the MSP Advice Project, a peer-to-peer networking community designed for members to share knowledge, tips, and advice with fellow service providers through educational content and videos, the company says.
11. MSP Software Integration: EventTracker, a Netsurion company that offers security information and event management (SIEM), has completed a product integration with ConnectWise Manage. MSPs gain a more effective way to manage SIEM services from their business management dashboards.
Continue to page two of two for today’s items 10 to 1.