Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, June 11, 2018.
Actually, there are 16 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
16. Storage: ClearCenter and Sia are partnering on the ClearSHARE decentralized storage platform -- a BlockChain-based service that will "provide an easy-to-use, robust and scalable decentralized storage service backend," the companies say.
15. Partnership: ClearCenter and HPE this week will unveil the ClearNODE product line. ClearNODE is a bundle of hardware, software and services aimed at providing a secure platform and decentralized app (Dapp) marketplace for Blockchain-related services, developers and applications, ClearCenter says.
14. IBM Cloud Expansion: IBM Cloud continues to build out its cloud footprint with 18 new availability zones in Europe (Germany and UK), Asia-Pacific(Tokyo and Sydney), and North America (Washington, DC and Dallas, Texas), the company says.
13. IoT and Smart Factories: Rockwell Automation is making a $1 billion equity investment in Internet of Things (IoT) software developer PTC to boost smart factories.
12. Talent - Data Protection: Disk imaging backup and disaster recovery solutions provider ActiveImage has hired Sergey Zimin as the head of technical sales. Zimin previously held key roles at Arcserve, Acronis and and SolarWinds, IT Brief reports.
11. Talent - Colocation Services: Cologix has named Bill Fathers as its chairman and CEO, succeeding Grant van Rooyen. Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, a private equity firm, acquired Cologix in February 2017.
10. Hosting Services: Aviatrix has launched a hosted service to manage peered networks in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform public cloud environments. The Aviatrix Controller provides a centralized console for managing all secure connectivity, the company claims.
9. BMC Seeking Acquisitions: BMC Software, now owned by KKR, is seeking to buy SaaS-based startups focused on IT management and security. BMC concedes it was late to cloud-based software consumption models, leaving the door open for ServiceNow to grab that market...
6. M&A - IT Services Part One: SKC Communication of Shawnee, Kansas, has acquired GBH Communications, an IT services provider that specializes in Unified Communications. We'll share more details soon.
5. M&A - IT Services Part Two: Loffler Companies has acquired Optimum Communications Corporation (OCC), a St. Cloud, Minnesota-based IT solutions company with additional offices in Aberdeen, SD. We'll share more details soon.
4. M&A - IT Services Part Three: SWK Technologies has acquired Information Systems Management Inc., a West Coast-based reseller of ERP, CRM and other solutions. We'll share more details soon.
3. M&A - IT Services Part Four: Optomi has acquired 1st Solution USA as part of a deeper move into the healthcare IT services and talent sector. As a result, Optomi is rebranding its as Optomi Professional Services.
2. M&A - IT Services Part Five: Diversified has acquired UK-based Digitavia, an IT services provider that offers standardized AV solutions and support services for conference rooms and meeting centers.
1. Meet ChannelE2E: We're attending Datto DattoCon 2018 and ConnectWise Automation Nation 2018 next week in Texas and Florida, respectively. Want to potentially meet us at one of those conferences? Please email me your request: [email protected].