Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 9, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Private Equity - Technology Fund: Vista Equity, parent of Datto, has raised $16 billion for its latest fund...
2. Private Equity - Risk Mitigation: Private equity firm Vista Equity Partners has invested in Fusion Risk Management Inc., a provider of business continuity and risk management software and services. Existing investors Catalyst Investors and Level Equity will retain an ownership stake in Fusion. Vista also owns Datto, an MSP-focused data protection and MSP automation software specialist.
3. Private Equity - Mission Critical Communications: Silver Lake has invested $1 billion in Motorola Solutions, a provider of mission critical communication systems for first responder networks, hospitals and more.
6. Talent - VAR: EOS IT Solutions, a global solution provider and logistics firm, is growing its U.S.-based sales team with the addition of three former Cisco Systems executives, CRN reports. The hires include Chief Revenue Officer Gerard Lithgow; VP of Sales for West Coast Bryan Orsoro and VP of Sales East Coast Tim Shockley.
7. Cloud Console: Emsisoft has launched a cloud console to manage the protection of endpoints, clients and sites.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Azure - Energy Applications: EY has launched two solutions for energy companies built on Microsoft Azure. The offerings include the EY Digital Energy Enablement Platform (DEEP) and EY UtilityWave. EY DEEP is designed for oil and gas exploration. EY UtilityWave for utilities that need to connect multiple legacy systems, new IoT devices and diverse sources of data.
5. Distribution: Ingram Micro's Promark arm has agreed to distribute ThreatModeler, a threat modeling platform.
7. Partner Program: DivvyCloud, a provider of security and compliance automation for cloud and container environments, has launched a new partner program. Inaugural partners Trace3, Slalom, Optiv, BigCo. SmallCo., Cloud49, ThunderCat Technology, and World Wide Technology.