Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, October 12, 2018.
Actually, there are 14 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
14. Launch: Refactr has launched a Cloud + Security Architect Platform (CSAP). It features a marketplace of IT solution blueprints spanning three areas:
- cloud infrastructure/services
- Windows and Linux automation playbooks; and
- web-based API integrations
13. Cloud Performance Management: Riverbed has upgraded SteelCentral, a so-called Digital Experience Management (DEM) solution. It features new Application Performance Management (APM) and Network Performance Management (NPM) capabilities, the company says.
12. SD-WANs for MSPs: Netsurion has introduced an SD-WAN bundle for MSPs. With one subscription-based platform, MSPs can offer their clients:
- SD-WAN architecture for cloud management and network function virtualization;
- Secure Wi-Fi and 4G LTE cellular for connectivity;
- managed firewall; and
- a suite of PCI DSS compliance tools.
11. Distribution - SaaS: D&H Distributing and SaaSMAX are partnering to offer third-party hosted applications to channel partners. Through referrals, D&H and SaaSMAX will introduce VARs to dozens of hosted SMB and cybersecurity applications. D&H’s Cloud Solutions includes the D&H Cloud Marketplace, a self-serve transactional portal where VARs can choose from a series of hosted solutions to deliver on a monthly basis. Partners can get more information on the web (www.dandh.com/cloud) or via email ([email protected]).
10. Partnership - Cloud Management: Blue Medora’s Dimensional Data stream is integrating with Google Stackdriver. The partnership, which includes certification of the BindPlane Monitoring-Integration-as-a-Service for Stackdriver, seeks to make it easier for customers to take full advantage of Stackdriver’s observability capabilities in large, complex enterprise environments, the companies say.
9. Partner Program - Email Security: Lastline Email Defender-Cloud, previously only available directly from Lastline, will now be available through all Lastline channel partners worldwide.
8. Talent: Hybrid cloud solution provider Unitas Global has hired Scott Walker as chief marketing officer. He previously held key posts at Arcserve, AT&T and Cisco Systems.
7. M&A Scrutiny - Broadcom & CA: Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky.) sent a letter Wednesday to Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin formally requesting a national security review of Broadcom's $18 billion takeover of CA Technologies, Axios reports. Although both companies are based in the United States, some politicians, for unclear reasons, apparently think the deal will somehow threaten U.S. national security...
6. M&A - Container Monitoring: New Relic has acquired CoScale technology, and hired key members of the associated technology team. CoScale develops container monitoring software -- with a focus on Kubernetes. We'll share more details soon.
5. M&A - Office Equipment: Automated Copy Systems has sold certain assets to Hilyard’s Business Solutions. Terms of the transaction are confidential. Mike Dudek and Rich Wisniewski of Zygoquest Group advised Automated Copy Systems and its owners Joseph and Barbara Sabo, on the deal.
4. M&A - MSPs: Roc Technologies has acquired Esteem Systems, a provider of data center, cloud and managed services. We'll share more details soon.
3. AWS MSP: Enlighten IT Consulting, a subsidiary of MacAulay-Brown Inc., is now an approved MSP for AWS -- with expertise in such areas a big data and government applications.
2. Conference - IT Service Management: Multiple technology conferences are scheduled for next week. Among those we'll be watching closely: Service Management World 2018 in Orlando, Florida. This is the conference's inaugural event...
1. Top 100 Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.