Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, Sept 7, 2018.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. IPO - Log Analytics: Emerging Splunk rival Elastic has filed for a potential IPO (initial public offering). Elastic (promoter of the ELK stack) and Splunk compete as log analytics platforms. Key Elastic adopters include OmniSOC, a security operations center (SOC) that supports universities and colleges.
9. Talent - Oracle Executive Mystery: Oracle President of Product Development Thomas Kurian is taking extended time off from the technology giant, according to an email to staff. No reason was disclosed for the time off. Kurian reports directly to Oracle founder Larry Ellison. He's a key figure in the company's effort to ramp up on-premises data center solutions while also accelerating Oracle's cloud efforts for Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure. Circle the Date: Oracle is expected to announce quarterly results on October 13...
8. Talent - Networking: Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, has named Bart Giordano as senior VP of worldwide sales. He is responsible for revenue, gross margin, and all aspects of Ruckus’s go-to-market activities.
7. Cloud Cost Management: ParkMyCloud and CloudHealth Technologies (which VMware is acquiring) have furthered their partnership with a technology integration that provides customers with end-to-end multi-cloud cost control and visibility, the companies say.
6. Partnership - Office Equipment: Toshiba America's direct sales teams and resellers now support Brother International's laser printers, multifunction printers (MFPs) and scanners. The lineup includes the Brother Workhorse Series.
5. AWS Cloud Consulting Partner: InfusionPoints LLC, a cybersecurity, cloud computing, and FedRAMP consulting firm, is now a Standard Consulting Partner within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). InfusionPoints helps customers to build, test and defend their workloads on AWS.
4. AWS Cloud DevOps Partner: TEKsystems Global Services has attained the DevOps Competency as an Advanced Consulting Partner in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN).
3. ServiceNow MSP Rebrands: YJT Solutions, an MSP and key ServiceNow partner, has rebranded as Entara and introduced the tagline: "The Smarter Way Forward, Today, Tomorrow and Beyond." The new corporate brand and tagline reflect the MSP's commitment to fully support their clients' IT journeys from today into the future, Entara says. ServiceNow Expertise: Entara now offers a fully-managed, pre-built, customizable ServiceNow platform with automated integrations to other leading toolsets, the company says.
2. Presidio Shifts Financial Model: Revenue at midmarket IT solutions provider Presidio was $766.3 million in Q4 2018, up 5.1%. In an interesting twist, cloud revenue decreased nearly 23 percent -- but that's no cause for panic. Why? Presidio, like SaaS companies, now recognizes cloud revenue over the life of the contact -- which typically involves multi-year, recurring revenue contracts vs. point in time sales.
1. Top 50 MSPs for AWS/Top 50 MSPs for Azure: Participate in the survey here and potentially earn honors for your MSPs. Plus: Get the honoree lists and see the research by attending our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.