5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 06 December 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, December 6, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise C-Suite: ConnectWise, which recently acquired Continuum, continues to quietly make executive-level moves. Led by CEO Jason Magee, the MSP software provider has tapped Continuum CFO Geoffrey Willison as ConnectWise COO. Also, a CFO is set to be named soon. Chatter about a potential CTO (chief technology officer) has also started. Our guess: The incoming CTO will likely have extensive experience in technology exchanges, data automation and supply chain management…
2. M&A – Master Distribution: ApppSmart, the channel-led provider of B2B technology services, has acquired Converged Network Services Group (CNSG), a technology consultancy and master distributor. Financial terms were not disclosed.
3. Financing – MSP Recapitalization: Vology has recapitalized its business. The financial move was led by the Capitala Group, an investment firm in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company now has a ” strengthened and simplified balance sheet” to fuel business investments and growth, President and CEO Barry L. Shevlin asserts.
4. Funding – Data Behavior Analytics: Cyberhaven has raised $13 million in Series A funding to launch a Data Behavior Analytics (DaBA) solution. Cyberhaven enables security teams to instantly understand the root cause of data loss, reducing the time it takes to address incidents from weeks to minutes, the company asserts. The round was co-led by Vertex Ventures and Costanoa Ventures, with participation from Crane Venture Partners and elite angel investors, including Facebook’s former Chief Security Officer Alex Stamos, Veritas’ co-founder and Facebook’s former VP of infrastructure engineering Jeff Rothschild, and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) veteran Kamal Shah.
5. AWS Machine Learning: Amazon has unveiled the AWS Machine Learning Embark program to help customers train their workforce in machine learning.
6. Remote IT Support – Apple macOS: MSP 360 has launched Remote Assistant for both Apple macOS and Apple iOS. The two releases allow MSPs to remotely access and support Apple Macintosh, iPhone and iPad devices. MSP 360 has offered a Remote Assistant release for Windows since May 2017. A Google Android version is currently in beta testing, the company tells ChannelE2E. MSP 360 is the former Cloudberry Lab, which is a well-known provider of backup software that runs on multiple clouds.
7, IT Services and Augmented Reality: Virtusa has launched augmented reality (AR) capabilities to help IT service providers improve on-site support. The offering is called Smart Field Force Management.
8. Research – Talent and Compensation: Younger workers are four times more likely than baby boomers to expect promotions and pay raises every year, according to research from Clutch, a B2B ratings and reviews firm.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Cloud Distributor for MSPs: Gridheart, a cloud distributor in Sweden, now offers Axcient, Webroot, Vade Secure, BitTitan and Cellip solutions to MSP partners.
2. Technology Careers: CompTIA and the Association for Career & Technical Education (ACTE) are working together on new programs and strategies designed to ready more people for careers in technology occupations, the two organizations say.
3. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].