5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 05 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, October 5, 2018.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
9. Barclays Outage: Barclays customers said on Friday that they were unable to access its mobile banking app in the latest outage at a British bank in recent weeks, Reuters notes.
8. ESOP – Software: Manufacturing Information Systems (MISys), a software company in Woodstock, Vermont, is now 100 percent owned by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) Trust.
7. Private Equity – Video Communications: Virgo Capital has acquired RMG Networks, a visual communications service provider. The transaction included a large capital infusion to be used towards growth and acquisitions, the companies say.
6. Private Equity – IT Management Software: KKR has finalized its BMC Software acquisition.
4. M&A – MSP Security Unit: Claranet, a well-known MSP in the UK, has officially launched a Cyber Security unit. The move follows Claranet’s acquisition of Sec-1 and NotSoSecure, in addition to considerable investment in security services across rance and Portugal, the company says.
3. Momentum – IT Franchises: TeamLogic IT, a major IT franchising organization, has grown 32 percent year over year. President Dan Shapero expects cybersecurity to drive even more outsourcing dollars toward IT service providers, according to comments from the organization’s recent owner meeting in California.
2. Next Up: We’re set to closely track conferences hosted next week by Commvault, Juniper Networks and Tech Data. Also, our sister site MSSP Alert is set to attend Carbon Black Connect 2018 conference in New York. If you’d like to potentially meet at Carbon Black’s gathering please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs for AWS, Azure: See the list and get the research. Register now for our October webcast.