Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, December 6, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. SMB Disaster Recovery Loans - Hurricanes Fiona and Ian: The U.S. Small Business Administration will waive the interest rate for the first year on new disaster loans and extend the initial payment deferment period automatically to 12 months. The change is effective for all disaster loans approved in response to a disaster declared on or after September 21, 2022, through September 30, 2023. The effective date covers SBA disaster loans currently available for Hurricane Fiona and Hurricane Ian declared earlier this year. SBA does not have the authority to forgive interest that has already accrued on disbursed loan funds. As of December 5, 2022, SBA has approved $1.2 billion for residents and businesses impacted by Hurricanes Fiona and Ian.
2. Leadership – Vulnerability Management for MSPs: ConnectSecure has named Peter Bellini as CEO.
3. Apple Right to Repair: Apple is launching Self Service Repair in Europe. The service initially covers customers in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Sweden, and the UK. Source: Apple, December 6, 2022.
4. Right to Repair: See all of our Right to Repair coverage here.
5. Research - Cloud Security and Zero Trust Challenges: More than 90% of organizations migrating to the cloud have implemented, are implementing, or are in the process to implement a zero trust architecture, Zscaler reports. However, only 22% of global IT decision-makers claim to be ‘fully confident’ their organization is leveraging the potential of their cloud infrastructure, presenting an opportunity for zero trust initiatives, the company said.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- Marketopia GrowCon 2022 (December 12-14, Florida)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- NRF 2023 – Retail’s Big Show (January 15-17, New York)
- NerdioCon 2023 MSP Conference (February 27-March 2, Cancun, Mexico)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.