Remote support tools play a principal role in running efficient help desks of all sizes. Whether the objective is to support mobile workforces, large groups of unattended machines, or one-off support requests from end users, they ensure that customer satisfaction stays high by allowing technology solution providers (TSPs) to deliver immediate support wherever or wherever it’s needed.
There’s another side to the service delivery coin. Where remote support tools like ConnectWise Control™ are reactive, systems automation solutions, like ConnectWise Automate, are designed to help TSPs act proactively. Being able to detect issues before they cause work stoppages is a huge value-add for TSPs and a great way to build trust in their services. The question is, how do you know if your business is ready for a systems automation tool?
Related: Try Remote Support and RMM by ConnectWise Today! Start Free Trial >>
Top reasons why companies may want to graduate their remote support tool and achieve a higher learning with a systems automation tool, like ConnectWise Automate.
- Increase efficiency and reliability of IT operations through a proactive approach to systems maintenance
- Enhance security of remote devices by implementing automated patch management practices
- Reduce operational costs by introducing more automation
- Free up IT staff to work on more strategic projects
In addition to a remote control tool, ConnectWise Automate allows for complete automation of redundant IT tasks like resetting user passwords or restarting botched services on a device. Plus, being able to establish best practices and standards for device health can drastically reduce the cost of manual maintenance of the device over time.
We often hear that an MSP or even an IT department wants to move away from being reactive to a more proactive state, so technicians can stop constantly putting out fires and dedicate time to other business initiatives. The method in which you can smoothly transition is by expanding your toolset.
Take a look at the recently commissioned Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) Study that the global research firm Forrester Consulting conducted on behalf of ConnectWise. For this study, Forrester interviewed ConnectWise™ customers to assess the overall value and ROI of their platform Here are the two key findings from the study that show the benefits of automating tasks:
- Improved technician’s productivity due to script automation by lowering support tickets 20%. The interviewees used ConnectWise to automate certain tasks performed by engineers to enable a proactive rather than reactive endpoint management approach. As a result, fewer systems experienced issues or crashes, which, in turn, led to a 20% reduction in number of tickets and in over $1.2 million in cost savings over three years.
- Reduced cost of routine hardware management by shortening time spent per device by 60%. ConnectWise provided the tools to automate a portion of routine maintenance tasks performed on all managed hardware. Organizations estimated that they were able to shorten engineers’ involvement by 60%, thus cutting the cost of hardware maintenance by $1.1 million.
The advantages of offering both proactive and reactive service with remote support and RMM tools are limitless. By advancing the product functionality at your disposal, you can mature your services through monitoring, stealth device management, increase security through patch management, and implement automation. Over time, this helps to mature the business as a whole.
ConnectWise Control and ConnectWise Automate are tightly-integrated solutions designed to facilitate the highest level of remote service delivery possible. Try them today in a free trial (no credit card required) to discover the possibilities yourself.