You Should Be a Marketing Company
“You should be a marketing company…”
I still remember the first time I said that to an MSP and the look of disbelief on their face.
But it’s true for you, too. You should be a marketing and sales company …. That sells MSP services.
Here’s the thing:
- Too many MSP’s or tech business owners that I meet are way too focused on the day to day. On the tech side of things.
- On fixing every computer, updating every software, and essentially backing themselves into a job that is probably worse than the one you walked away from to start this business.
If you want to take your business from a one-man shop with endless hours and crappy pay, you need to become a marketing and sales company first, and an IT company second.
Basically? You need to start acting like a business owner.
- You need to get a solid sales strategy in place.
- You need a strong marketing plan.
- And YOU need to focus on growing those things for your business.
Stop waiting for the next break/fix to come in and go out and build the business you really want (and maybe even take a weekend off.)
Is your IT Company a business… or a crappy job?