SolarWinds MSP Presents Pinot With Pag Episode 2: MSP Industry Performance
SolarWinds MSP President John Pagliuca sits down for part two of a free flow conversation about the future of managed IT services providers.
Welcome to Round Two of Pinot with Pag and Panettieri. Brought to you by SolarWinds MSP, the video podcast is a free flow conversation about the increasingly important role of the MSP and the market trends influencing and impacting your success.
Got a question for SolarWinds MSP President John Pagliuca and/or ChannelE2E Editor Joe Panettieri? Post it in the comment section below. We’ll either reply online or cover your question in our next quarterly conversation. Now, here’s the conversation:
In this edition we cover:
- 0:00 – Introductions
- 1:19 – Status Update: MSP industry performance, plus the potential SolarWinds MSP spin-out from parent SolarWinds.
- 3:53 – The potential SolarWinds MSP spin-out: Same team, plus some potential additions.
- 5:15 – Timeline variables to keep in mind for potential SolarWinds MSP spin-out.
- 6:27 – Today’s wine tastings: Migration Pinot Noir 2015 from Russian River Valley and Decoy Pinot Noir 2018 from Duckhorn Portfolio. John explains the choices.
- 8:06 – A very special wine tasting Zoomboming.
- 9:00 – Mike Cullen’s personal selection.
- 11:20 – Latest market trends from Cullen’s perspective
- 12:05 – How SolarWinds MSP is remaining focused on core priorities.
- 13:15 – The security roadmap & partner choice to assist MSP scalability. Plus, focusing on three to five top priorities.
- 16:02 – Analyzing MSP performance — Cullen describes key financial metrics and how the top MSP performers outpace the market.
- 17:22 – How the pandemic has elevated MSPs, and their strategic value to customers.
- 18:40 – How churn impacts MSPs growth rates.
- 19:40 – SolarWinds MSP and partnerships with large platform providers such as Microsoft and Cisco Systems.
- 20:15 – SolarWinds MSP’s R&D investments and ecosystem investments.
- 24: 32 – Complexity equals opportunity for MSPs.
- 25:10 – Why larger IT giants awakened to MSPs and the SMB sector.
- 27:18 – Customer experience and customer success: The end-game for MSPs.
- 30:20 – Conclusion
Reminder: Post your questions or comments below, and we’ll either reply online or cover your question in our next quarterly conversation.
Someone tell Cullen it’s “Parmigiano” not “Parmigiana”. Parmigiana is eggplant lasagna. LOL