Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 6, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Funding & Talent - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI): Best Buy has vowed to invest up to $10 million with Brown Venture Group, a venture capital firm that focuses exclusively on Black, Latinx and Indigenous technology startups. The investment will seek to "help break down the systemic barriers often faced by Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs — including lack of access to funding — and empower the next generation within the tech industry," Best Buy says.
2. M&A Bidding War - Automobile Chips: Qualcomm has bid $4.6 billion to buy auto-technology company Veoneer. The bid is 18.4 percent higher than a Magna International offer to buy Veoneer...
3. Talent - Email Security Services: GreatHorn has hired Morphisec veteran Arthur Braunstein as chief revenue officer. GreatHorn develops an API-based cloud-native email security solution.
4. Research - Network Firewall Market Size, Growth Forecast: The global network security firewall market will reach $24.34 billion by 2030, which represents a 21.6 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2020, according to Allied Market Research.
B. Technology Industry Financial Results
The following technology companies announced quarterly financial results over the past day or so...
1. ePlus: The IT solutions provider reported first quarter financial results. Key metrics included:
- Consolidated net sales of $416.6 million, up 17.4 percent from $355.0 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $38.3 million, up 24.6% from $30.7 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
- Total revenue of $893.5 million, up 8.1 percent compared to Q4 of 2020.
- GAP net income of $181.3 million, up from $26.4 million.
3. Huawei: The Chinese telecommunications giant reported its biggest ever revenue drop in the first half of 2021, after U.S. sanctions drove it to sell a chunk of its once-dominant handset business and before new growth areas have fully matured, Reuters reports. Related: Huawei - Banned and Permitted in Which Countries?
C. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. The 5G Partner Opportunity: Cisco Systems explains the 5G networking, mobile & wireless partner opportunity here.
2. Partner Program - SaaS Security Management: AppOmni has launched its INFINITY Partner Program, which is led by Senior Director of Global Alliances Todd Wilson, and Director of National Partners Donald Shake. AppOmni has existing partnerships with Accenture, PwC, 4C/Wipro, Optiv, activereach, GuidePoint Security, and NCC Group, among others.
D. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2021 (September 21-23, Multiple Cities and Virtual)
- BigBig 2021 MSP Conference (September 23-25, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- UiPath Forward (October 5-6, Las Vegas)
- VMworld 2021 (October 5-7, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.