Atos of France has acquired three healthcare IT consulting firms in the United States, and the company's annual revenues in that vertical market will now exceed more than 1 billion euros (about US$1.17 billion).
The three acquisitions -- involving Pursuit Healthcare Advisors, Conduent's Healthcare Provider Consulting and Conduent's Breakaway Group -- span 400 consultants. They join a team that includes talent from the Anthelio Healthcare Solutions buyout in 2016.
Atos says it will health North America healthcare firms to:
- drive technology adoption;
- optimize financial performance;
- improve the quality and speed of EHR (electronic health record) implementations;
- reduce the cost of care through high-value population health management capabilities; and
- address the demands of new government regulations for providers and payers (e.g. ICD-11, payment bundling, MACRA).
While Atos is committed to healthcare clientele on a global scale, expanding deeper into the North American market is key priority, according to Michel-Alain Proch, group senior executive VP and CEO of North American Operations, Atos.
Darin LeGrange, managing director North America healthcare, will oversee the acquired assets. Referring to the deal, "Through these acquisitions, we now have strengthened our end-to-end capabilities, from optimizing and securing the technology foundation to leveraging financial and clinical data, in order to help our customers manage their businesses while transitioning to new healthcare models such as value-based care."
Healthcare IT is one piece of the larger Atos puzzle, which includes 100,000 employees in 72 countries who generate annual revenue of around € 12 billion (about US$14 billion).