5 Channel Partner & MSP Market News Updates: 17 March 2023
Submit Your Vertical Market MSP Survey; Big Cybersecurity Mid-Market Opportunity for MSPs; CompTIA Awards; Veeam Partnership
Credit: Getty Images
Top of the morning to you, and Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Here are five, whoops, I mean six, technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more on this March 17, 2023. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Top Vertical Market MSPs: In case you missed it, by popular demand we’ve extended our deadline for submissions to our Top Vertical Market MSPs survey. These surveys now need to be submitted by Monday, March 20. If you serve a vertical market such as education, healthcare, banking or financial services, government, manufacturing, or any other vertical, don’t miss the opportunity to be listed and recognized on this prestigious list. Here’s a link to our lists from previous years, and here’s the link to participate in this year’s survey.
- Big mid-market cybersecurity opportunity for MSPs, MSSPs: Nearly half of mid-sized businesses (49%) plan to budget more for cybersecurity in 2023. That’s according to a new Huntress survey of mid-market companies. Yet 61% of mid-sized businesses don’t have dedicated cybersecurity experts in their organizations, and 47% of mid-sized businesses don’t currently have an incident response plan. Another 27% of mid-sized businesses say they have no cyber insurance coverage.
- CompTIA recognizes achievers in the channel: CompTIA has announced the winners of the 2023 North America Spotlight Awards. The include Andrea Ayala, director of technology alliances at Gradient MSP; Rebecca Woods, founder of Bluebird leaders; Dominique Andrews, chief people officer for Logically; Alex Spigel, co-founder and COO of Choice Cyber Solutions; Bill Campbell, CEO of Balancelogic; and Jill Klein, head of emerging tech and IoT for CDW.
- Channel event fundraising organization changes branding: Grassroots fundraising charity organization Telecom for Change has changed its name to Tech4Change. The group, which has raised $1.25 million for charities through its event-based fundraising, says the name change aligns with its expanded base of supporters which includes suppliers and partners across converging telecom and IT channel communities.
- German IT-as-a-service startup wins seed funding: TechCrunch has reported that German-based startup Deeploi, which is building an IT-as-a-service platform, has raised €3 million in a seed funding round led by Berlin’s Cherry Ventures with participation from a group of angel investors. The goal of the company is to become the outsourced IT organization of client companies. The plan is to spread through the Western Europe market and then go to the U.S.
- Government IT partner for Veeam: Veeam Software has announced a strategic partnership with Carahsoft Technology Corp., a government IT solutions provider, to serve as Veeam’s preferred public sector distributor. The company said the partnership will expand public sector access to the Veeam Data Platform.