5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 10 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, July 10, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. M&A – Office Equipment Systems: UBEO Business Services—a provider of printer, copier and document management solutions—has acquired AmPan Business Systems, an information technology and services company. This is UBEO’s seventh acquisition since April 2018.
2. M&A – Google Cloud Acquires Elastifile: The deal involves enterprise file storage for the cloud. And it signals Google Cloud Platform CEO Thomas Kurian’s continued M&A strategy to round out GCP’s services. In a blog, Kurian also vowed to maintain its commitment to Google Cloud Platform’s storage partner ecosystem.
3. IoT Managed Services: Internet of Things America has launched IoT soil monitoring managed services. These managed services are designed to support rural businesses of all sizes in agriculture, oil and gas, transportation, healthcare, education, sports and municipalities, the company says.
4. Funding – Cloud Monitoring: Blue Matador, founded in 2016 to help DevOps teams automate their cloud infrastructure monitoring, has raised $3.1 million in seed funding led by Peterson Ventures, with participation from new investors Prelude Venture Fund, SaaS Ventures, and Forward Venture Capital along with existing investors Trilogy Partners and Cobre Capital. Key customers include NIKE, Deloitte, and Vivint Smart Home.
5. Business Management Software: Tigerpaw Software has launched version 18 R3 of its business management software. The upgrade includes user interface updates, QuickBooks 2019 integration, and more than 20 enhancements for the Tigerpaw Mobile application. The overall platform blends CRM (customer relationship management), PSA (professional services automation), ERP (enterprise resource planning) and BPM (business process management) capabilities for customers. Tigerpaw’s customer base includes a range of IT service providers across telcom, MSP and other sectors.
6. Amazon – No Phone Support Required: Amazon does not have to provide a helpline phone number to consumers, Europe’s top court said on Wednesday in a ruling that could boost e-commerce merchants, Reuters reports.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Endpoint Security & MSPs: ThreatLocker, an endpoint security specialist in Orlando, Florida, has joined the Kaseya Technology Alliance Partner Program. ThreatLocker announced a similar relationship with ConnectWise a few weeks ago.
2. Distribution – IoT Solutions: Tech Data has launched a new Analytics and IoT Solution Catalog, featuring over 30 market-ready, vetted solutions for specific use cases in healthcare, industrial, retail, transportation and logistics, and smart cities—among other vertical markets. Tech Data is also announcing an enablement program for approximately 200 partners in North America and Europe. Intel and Microsoft are backing the enablement program.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Microsoft Inspire (July 14-18, Las Vegas)
- IT By Design Build IT (July 14-16, Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Datadog Dash (July 16-17, New York)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.