5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 30 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 30, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
12. Commvault Earnings: Commvault revenues were $169.1 million in Q2 fiscal 2019, up 1 percent year over year but nearly $10 million below Wall Street’s expectations. The company recently unveiled a range of hybrid data protection solutions along with key channel hires. However, an extended CEO search — which started in May 2018 amid activist shareholder pressure — has yet to conclude. In stark contrast to Commvault’s tepid growth, rivals like Veeam, Cohesity and Rubrik have been in rapid growth mode.
11. 8×8 Earnings: Unified communications as a service provider 8×8 says revenues reached $85.7 million in Q2 fiscal 2019 (ended September 30, 2018) up from $72.5 million in the corresponding quarter last year. The company continues to win larger deals. To wit, service revenue from mid-market and enterprise customers billing more than $10,000 in monthly recurring revenue (MRR) grew approximately 60 percent, CEO Vik Verma says.
10. Cognizant Earnings: Cognizant Technology Solutions’ revenues were $4.08 billion in Q3 2018, up 8 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Net income was $477 million — down a bit from $495 million in Q2 2017, amid continued investments in Digital Transformation initiatives.
9. ServiceNow Partner Contest: ServiceNow has launched its third-annual CreatorCon Challenge — a global competition for entrepreneurs to create new apps on the Now Platform. The winner will receive a $250,000 cash investment from ServiceNow Ventures. Additional perks for participants and winners are listed here.
7. Talent – Managed Services: Managed services automation specialist BitTitan has hired Gregg Erickson as VP, customer success.
6. Talent – Data Protection: Cisco Systems veteran Sue Bostrom has joined Druva Inc.‘s board of directors.
5. Ingram Micro-CenturyLink Partnership: Ingram Micro has launched a private cloud solution for MSPs. The offering, powered by CenturyLink, features core technologies from VMware and HP Enterprise. MSPs can manage the solution as they deploy, expand and manage their clients’ virtual machines, networking and applications, Ingram Micro said. Deeper details about Ingram Micro Hybrid Solutions are here.
4. Ingram Micro Security Strategy: It’s safe to expect partner-related updates today during the Ingram Micro ONE conference in Washington, D.C. …
3. ConnectWise Security Integrations: Cylance now integrates with ConnectWise Automate, allowing MSPs to deploy the endpoint protection solution without requiring a reboot. Also, Vircom’s modusCloud email security product now integrates with ConnectWise Manage. Those are the latest security-related integrations ahead of next week’s IT Nation Connect conference in Orlando, Florida. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Cisco SMB Push: Cisco Systems has announced an Express Specialization — SMB track for partners. The move reinforces the company’s efforts to help SMB partners shift to recurring revenues. More details may surface at the ConnectWise IT Nation Connect and Cisco Partner Summit conferences later this month.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.