5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 09 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
18. Hurricane Michael: The storm, now a Category 2 hurricane, may be the Florida Panhandle’s strongest landfall hit in more than a decade. It’s expected to reach the Florida Panhandle Gulf Coast on Wednesday. We’ll be offering business continuity and disaster recovery updates in the days and weeks ahead.
17. Pentagon Cloud Contract: Google Cloud Platform has decided not to compete for the Pentagon’s cloud-computing contract valued at as much as $10 billion, saying the project may conflict with its corporate values, according to Bloomberg. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is widely expected to win the entire contract, though Microsoft Azure and IBM Cloud are pursuing the deal, and Oracle is lobbying legislators to award the contact to multiple public cloud providers.
16. Dell Public Markets Strategy: P. Schoenfeld Asset Management (PSAM), a registered investment adviser that advises clients who own more than $150 million of shares of Dell Technologies, opposes Dell’s current proposal to convert DVMT shares into publicly traded Class C CommonStock, and cash and the elimination of the tracking stock. PSAM sent a letter to Dell’s Board of Directors on September 27 outlining the firm’s concerns. Dell is considering a more traditional IPO strategy as a back-up plan to the conversion strategy.
15. HP – New Chromebook: HP Inc. has unveiled the HP Chromebook x360 14, the company’s thinnest Chromebook convertible device. The HP Chromebook x360 14 is available for pre-order beginning today at HP.com for a starting price of $599. It’s also available at BestBuy.com (pre-order) and is expected to be available in stores on October 21.
14. VMWare Partner Program Overhaul?: VMware is preparing for a “complete overhaul” of its global partner program, as part of widespread changes to simplify channel engagement, according to Channel Asia’s Singapore edition. ChannelE2E has not independently confirmed the port.
13. SAP Partner: In Mind Cloud now offers managed SAP Solution Sales Configuration services to customers in the manufacturing industry.
12. Network Management Part One: Reinvent Telecom, a provider of private-label cloud-based Unified Communications, Collaboration and Contact Center solutions, has launched Cloud2Edge (C2E) Complete, which enables reseller partners to deliver network management to their customers as a subscription service, the company says.
11. Network Management Part Two: Lantronix has unveiled a cloud edition of ConsoleFlow. The platform provides centralized IT infrastructure management and monitoring software optimized for out-of-band management, Lantronix says.
Go to page two of two for the spectacular conclusion of today’s blog.