Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 16, 2017.
Actually, there are 22 beefy updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to chew on. Mmmm… Tastes like butta. Take a bite…
22. Social Media Security: Rogers, the big Canadian service provider, has rolled out social media security protections. Social Media Security by Rogers monitors, identifies and mitigates potential threats or hacks to profiles on a business’ social media channels.
20. New York Cybersecurity Mandate:EventTracker‘s SIEMphonic managed security services can help financial institutions comply with New York state’s newly-established requirements for Financial Services Cybersecurity, the company claims. New York financial services firms have until Oct. 1, 2017, to comply with certain aspects of the regulation.
19. Security Partnership, Part I: Barracuda Networks and Zscaler have partnered to deliver cloud-based web security. Barracuda customers can leverage Zscaler’s cloud-delivered Internet security service, and Zscaler can leverage Barracuda’s go-to-market channels for the SME/midmarket.
18. Security Partnership, Part II: ProtectWise and Demisto have integrated their platforms. The relationship is designed to help security teams to rapidly move from breach detection to response and resolution, while leveraging recorded network information for retrospective analysis of advanced threats.
17. Identity & Access Management:OpenIAM has launched version 3.5 of the company’s Identity and Access Governance solution. Find a full list of new features here.
16. Security Talent: When it comes to getting the job done, roughly 73 percent of IT security professionals don’t care whether IT staff members are college graduates. Moreover, 93 percent of IT security pros are more concerned about a job candidate’s experience rather than qualifications, according to a FireMon survey conducted at RSA Conference 2017.
15. Google G Suite Security: Google has rolled out several new security features for its G Suite and Google Cloud Platform, including a DLP system that finds and redacts sensitive data, and a service that allows organizations to manage the lifecycle of encryption keys., OnTheWire reported. The rollouts come one week after Google wrapped up its Next 2017 conference for cloud partners.
14. IoT Partners:IAR Systems, a supplier of software tools and services for embedded development, now supports Samsung’s Artik Smart IoT platform.
13. Infrastructure Partnership:Accelerite and Datera are partnering to offer a private cloud solution that involves all-flash infrastructure. The deal authorizes Accelerite to offer Datera’s Elastic Data Fabric through all of its channels.
12. Business Continuity:OneNeck IT Solutions has launched OneNeck Backup for Veeam Cloud Connect, which enables businesses to move their back-up off-site without the cost or complexity of managing off-site infrastructure, the company says. The service, powered by OneNeck’s ReliaCloud private cloud technology, targets OneNeck customers in the Colorado area.
11. Zerto Backup & Disaster Recovery: Zerto has launched a technical alliances program to deliver hybrid cloud and business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) solutions to market. Early members of the ZAP Technical Alliance Program include Microsoft, AWS, IBM, HPE, Nutanix, Pure Storage, Quantum Corporation, Nimble Storage, ExaGrid, Infinidat, Kaminario, Pivot3, Tegile, Embotics and Turbonomics, the company says.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and chow down the remaining items…