5 Channel Partner Updates: 13 February 2017
Welcome to page two. Enjoy a second serving of channel content — items 10 to 1 — here.
10. Cisco Veterans Surface Again: The team that sold three “spin-in” startups to Cisco has launched Pensado, according to The Information. This time around founders Mario Mazzola, Prem Jain, Luca Cafiero, and Soni Jiandani don’t have formal ties to Cisco, as they did with previous startups Andiamo, Nuova, and Insieme, SDXcentral notes.
9. Peak 10 & Level 3: Peak 10, which positions itself as a national IT infrastructure, connectivity and CSP, now offers Level 3 network services across all 16 of the company’s data centers in 10 U.S. markets.
8. Hosting Compliance: HOSTING, a managed cloud services provider, has earned HITRUST CSF certification. The certification essentially means the company adheres to data security, privacy and compliance controls that healthcare customers typically demand.
7. Arby’s Hacked: Arby’s fast good franchises suffered a security breach in January. The point-of-sale breach involved malware that may have compromised 355,000 credit cards, according to Krebs on Security.
6. Zscaler Preparing IPO?: Zscaler, a cloud security startup, has hired Remo Canessa as CFO. He previously was CFO of Infoblox, which went public in 2012. He also was at NetScreen amid that company’s IPO and ultimate sale to Juniper Networks.
5. HIPAA Deadline: Another key HIPAA deadline is approaching. March 1, 2017, is a key date for organizations to disclose “small” breaches that were discovered in 2016. Here are the details.
4. Top Financial Mistakes at Startup Businesses: If you’re running a startup, here are the key financial mistakes you’ll likely make during key stages of your business…
3. Security Operations Center (SOC), Part I: Milton Security Group Inc., which specializes in network and endpoint security, has launched the Milton Security Operations Center (SOC). The SOC features Network Access Control (NAC) As A Service.
2. Security Operations Center (SOC), Part II: IBM has launched Watson for Cyber Security — a special version of the artificial intelligence platform designed for Security Operations Centers (SOCs). IBM claims the effort will inject cognitive computing into the SOC ecosystem. The move comes as IBM PartnerWorld 2017 kicks off in Las Vegas and RSA Conference 2017 starts in San Francisco.
1. ChannelE2E This Week: We’re attending RSA Conference (San Francisco) while also closely tracking IBM PartnerWorld 2017 and Avaya Engage 2017 (both in Las Vegas). Got news or updates to share from one of those gatherings? Email me the information: Joe@AfterNines.com.