5 Channel Partner Updates: 04 April 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
Actually, there are 18 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on.
18. BREAKING: VMware has sold its vCloud Air cloud business to OVH, the two companies confirmed this morning. The move allows VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger to better focus the company on multi-cloud management and the forthcoming VMware Cloud for AWS launch. OVH, based in Europe and expanding into the US, is one of the world’s top cloud services providers (CSPs).
17. DRaaS: Contemporary Computer Services Inc., an MSP on Long Island, has launched disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS). Although the storage platform vendor’s name was not disclosed, CCSI has a relationship with Veeam…
16. HPE Buying Veeam? (Nope): Another M&A rumor is no more. Veeam says it has no plans to sell itself to HP Enterprise, The statement comes after HPE-Veeam M&A rumors on The Register. This is the second Register rumor that has been proven false in recent days. An earlier rumor involved Oracle performing due diligence on Accenture. But Oracle ultimately denied any interest in buying the IT consultant giant. Related Partner Conference: VeeamOn 2017 is set for May.
15. HPE Completes Spin-off: HP Enterprise has completed the sale of its enterprise services business, which merged with CSC to create DXC Technology. HPE CEO Meg Whitman has been shedding slow-growth and no-growth assets, and using the funds to acquire smaller, faster-growth assets like SimpliVity (hyperconverged infrastructure) and Nimble Storage (All Flash Array).
14. Big Data & Hybrid Cloud Licensing: Teradata has launched flexible database licensing options for hybrid cloud deployments. The new model features: Portability for deployment flexibility; subscription-based licenses; and simplified tiers with bundled features, the company asserts.
12. SAS Partners of the Year: The lineup includes…
- Global Partner of the Year – Accenture
- Channel Partner of the Year – Maxtera Technologies
- Excellence in Innovation – Datagear
- Asia Pacific: ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation
- Canada/Latin America: Financial Risk Group
- Central/Eastern Europe: Nunatec
- DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland): Cintellic
- MEA (Middle East, Africa): Linktera
- Nordics: KnowIT
- SWE: Sopra Steria
- United Kingdom/Ireland: Sopra Steria
- United States: d-Wise
11. Alfresco’s Partners of the Year: That list includes…
- Americas Partner of the Year: Zia Consulting
- EMEA Partner of Year: Incentro
- Solution of the Year: Micro Strategies
- Customer Success Partner of the Year (Americas): Technology Services Group (TSG)
- Customer Success Partner of the Year (EMEA): Atol Conseils et Développement
- Deal Registration Partner of the Year EMEA: SynApps
- Deal Registration Partner of the Year Americas: Ricoh US
- Fastest-Growing Partner of the Year: XenIT
- Public Sector Partner of the Year: Credence Management Solutions
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and chow down the remaining items…