9. Private Cloud Services:CenturyLink is launching Private Cloud for VMware Cloud on AWS. The managed cloud service will be available in several regions by winter 2019.
8. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure:HP Inc. is announcing new additions to its HP thin client portfolio for Virtual Desktop Infrastructures (VDI) and cloud environments. Among the key products to note: The HP t740 thin client.
7. Cloud Platform Migration: Homes.com, an online real estate marketplace, has has consolidated and migrated its critical business applications from AWS and other cloud providers to Expedient’s Enterprise Cloud, marking Expedient’s largest deployment yet of its VMware Cloud Verified infrastructure, the company says.
6. Data Protection:Datrium has introduced Datrium DRaaS with VMware Cloud on AWS. Built on Datrium’s workload orchestrator, ControlShift, the SaaS solution supports automated failover to the VMware Cloud on AWS based on snapshots held in AWS S3, Datrium says.
5. Data Protection: Druva‘s disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS) platform has reached general availability. It’s built on Amazon Web Services. The company also unveiled “intelligent” storage tiering across AWS S3, Glacier and Glacier Deep Archive. The company will showcase the offering at VMworld.
4. Endpoint Management and Security:Adaptiva, a provider of endpoint management and security solutions for enterprise customers, today announced general availability of the VMware edition of its OneSite peer-to-peer content distribution product.
3. VDI and vSAN Management:Turbonomic, a provider of Application Resource Management (ARM) software, has introduced new features for managing VMware Horizon VDI and VMware vSAN environments.
2. Desktop as a Service:Dizzion introduced a Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solution for customers of VMware Cloud on AWS.
1. More Updates: Daily updates will continue here through VMware VMworld 2019’s conclusion. Email me your tips for potential news coverage (Joe@AfterNines.com).